2004 Es 330 Carpet Is Wet! What Happened?

fay31

I went to vacuum out my carpet today and it's soaking wet. I mean there is tons of water, and I have no idea where it's coming from. Please help.

If it's the carpet behind the driver's seat, it's probably a blocked AC drain.

If the wet carpet is on the front passenger side, the culprit is usually the rubber drain hose that goes through the firewall into the engine compartment. When you use the AC the condensation collects on the bottom of the in-car condenser. At its bottom is a bowl that collects the water and drains it out the firewall. Usually that hose can get gummed up at its drain end from engine oil, rust proofing , etc., and the water backs up and drops onto the floormat on the passenger side. Cleaning out the end of the hose solves the problem. If that isn't the culprit, then you have a leak in the windshield sealant or the cowling sealant, and the only way to find is by pulling back the front carpets and have someone slowly run a garden hose over the front cowl area of the car and very slowly move up the A pillars, while someone inside the car checks the floors with a flashlight to see where the water is coming in. Regardless, this is a problem to address sooner rather than later when it will cost a lot more to correct.

my car is under warranty shouldn't this be covered under the warranty? Thanks for the help.

it should be unless they determine that it rained hard and a window was left open. I am sure that is not what happened, but be prepared, they will ask you.

if not the AC drain, a door seal or window seal may be leaking. Another possibility is the drain to the moonroof area is clogged.

steviej

Just so everybody knows what happened. It was a clogged AC drain. The dealership fixed it no problem, but tried to charge me $1000 for removing and drying the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!! I said I wouldn't pay it because it's under warranty, they said yes but it's the CPO warranty and only covers defects. Well, no $hit!!!! But the carpet is a result of the Lexus defect! Finally, they agreed to fix the carpet, but when I picked it up a week later, there was barbecue sauce all over my radio knob and Nav screen. I think I have had with the dealership. About six months ago after having it detailed there were cigarette ashes on my floorboard and I have never smoked, what a joke. This is at the Tom Williams Lexus Dealership in Birmingham, AL by the way. I must admit my service guy I meet with is very nice and the service manager is very nice, but their behind the scene employees have much to be desired. I hope they read this... I was so mad when I got in my car that I didn't even go back in, I was afraid I would go way over the line.