New Leatherseats.com Interior For My '92

Hi,

Consider this the teaser post on this topic since I don't have pics yet.

My tan (Lexus Ivory) interior was showing cracks and wear on the drivers seat and back and some on the passenger side too. I patched and colored them and that bought me another 2 years but then they were back to ratty looking. I had been lusting after the leatherseats.com interior for that time period and last month I finally took the plunge.

I went with a two-tone (inserts dark mocha, which is not on the website but matches the darker trim color already in the car, and sandstone main color, which is very close to the original ivory or tan color. The kit came in 2 weeks and it is wonderful! I chose their standard full leather front and vinyl w/leather inserts for rear seat configuration. I added dark mocha stitching. I think the total was $780 shipped including their hog-rings w/pliers.

The process of installation involves removing the seat from the car, disassembly of the seat, stripping of the upholstery, transfer or listing wires, heat pads, etc to new upholstery, then installation. They suggest doing the back seat first first since it's easier and it's good practice. Anyway I spent about 12 hours yesterday and have the rear and passenger seat installed. To me they look fantastic. The quality and fit of the kit is excellent and the leather is much more luxurious than the original. I've taken some before pics and I'll put together some finsihed pics this week. This was also a great time to really clean the carpets and get old french fries out from under the seats.

Hi,

Consider this the teaser post on this topic since I don't have pics yet.

My tan (Lexus Ivory) interior was showing cracks and wear on the drivers seat and back and some on the passenger side too. I patched and colored them and that bought me another 2 years but then they were back to ratty looking. I had been lusting after the leatherseats.com interior for that time period and last month I finally took the plunge.

I went with a two-tone (inserts dark mocha, which is not on the website but matches the darker trim color already in the car, and sandstone main color, which is very close to the original ivory or tan color. The kit came in 2 weeks and it is wonderful! I chose their standard full leather front and vinyl w/leather inserts for rear seat configuration. I added dark mocha stitching. I think the total was $780 shipped including their hog-rings w/pliers.

The process of installation involves removing the seat from the car, disassembly of the seat, stripping of the upholstery, transfer or listing wires, heat pads, etc to new upholstery, then installation. They suggest doing the back seat first first since it's easier and it's good practice. Anyway I spent about 12 hours yesterday and have the rear and passenger seat installed. To me they look fantastic. The quality and fit of the kit is excellent and the leather is much more luxurious than the original. I've taken some before pics and I'll put together some finsihed pics this week. This was also a great time to really clean the carpets and get old french fries out from under the seats.

cant wait to see pix..ive always wondered about how well the two-tone works on the seats of our cars..i was thinking of doing a leather/suede combo for mine..of course that would mean two-tone..so i cant wait to see the results..hows the fitment on them?

Awesome! I've been thinking about giving my interior a complete makeover; mostly because I want black&white seats, and I figure I might as well match up the rest. I really like the leatherseats.com selection, and it's good to know they deliver on the quality as well.

Now hurry up and post those pics so I can ogle them!

Awesome! I've been thinking about giving my interior a complete makeover; mostly because I want black&white seats, and I figure I might as well match up the rest. I really like the leatherseats.com selection, and it's good to know they deliver on the quality as well.

Now hurry up and post those pics so I can ogle them!

Done. I started new post since I didn't know how to edit the title.