To Increase Hp

LexKid630

What if someone were to move the intake air temp sensor to the cabin of the car (or a cooler spot), would one get better horsepower?

If it's true that cooler intake airflow makes the computer increase the level of fuel in the mixture, which gives an increase in HP, would this work?

Please correct me in this theory, for i have no clue what i'm doing.

post-13420-1185933013_thumb.jpg

What if someone were to move the intake air temp sensor to the cabin of the car (or a cooler spot), would one get better horsepower?

If it's true that cooler intake airflow makes the computer increase the level of fuel in the mixture, which gives an increase in HP, would this work?

Please correct me in this theory, for i have no clue what i'm doing.

During idle or cruising at a relatively constant speed the upstream oxygen sensor is used exclusively to control the A/F mixture. During "these" periods the signal level of the MAF & IAT sensors are stored as parameters to be used when the time comes for them to be used to control the A/F mixture. In other words the oxygen sensor, during its exclusive use, is used to continuously calibrate the MAF/IAT module signals.

When you ask for acceleration level torque out of the engine the A/F mixture must be enriched beyond the range of the oxygen sensor capability and so now the signals from the MAF/IAT modules are used.

So if you want to run a richer mixture by "fooling" the system then the IAT signal must be modified to indicate COLDER intake airflow than reality ONLY during acceleration, say for instance only when the torque converter lockup clutch is NOT engaged. Constant IAT signal modification will simply be calibrated "out" during the oxygen sensor exclusive use periods.