Should I Be Concerned?

AustinGT

Hi guys... back with another question... when I am braking with the windows and sunroof open, I hear a ticking sound that is speed related- the sound slows down as the car slows. I am thinking it could be something related to the brakes, as it only occurs when braking, but the pedal feels okay and the fluid reservoir is full. I tend to overreact to little noises like this, but when it comes to something related to brakes I would rather not chance it... thanks in advance for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

-An update- I just went to a local Midas (my dad has been pleased w/their work in the past) and they replaced the left rear wheel bearing ($450- seems a little steep) but that hasn't helped :unsure: . The ticking is still there, but what is most concerning is when my car is at slow idle (about 600 rpm) and I am pulling into or out of a parking spot, when the brakes are applied a noticeable "pop" sound can be heard. It only happens once, but is most noticeable at the slow idle speed.... I know that I will be needing all my rotors resurfaced and new rear brake pads soon, however I doubt either of those things could cause the popping noise. I have put thousands of dollars into this car over the past two years (4500+):cries: , so I am hoping it isn't something major, but if it a safety issue I will address it right away. The car has newer front pads and rotors, as well as new shocks all around.... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• 2 months later...
-An update- I just went to a local Midas (my dad has been pleased w/their work in the past) and they replaced the left rear wheel bearing ($450- seems a little steep) but that hasn't helped :unsure: . The ticking is still there, but what is most concerning is when my car is at slow idle (about 600 rpm) and I am pulling into or out of a parking spot, when the brakes are applied a noticeable "pop" sound can be heard. It only happens once, but is most noticeable at the slow idle speed.... I know that I will be needing all my rotors resurfaced and new rear brake pads soon, however I doubt either of those things could cause the popping noise. I have put thousands of dollars into this car over the past two years (4500+):cries: , so I am hoping it isn't something major, but if it a safety issue I will address it right away. The car has newer front pads and rotors, as well as new shocks all around.... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

450 for a 75 buck wheel bearing plus labor, ouch..and it still didnt fix the problem, Iwould have talked to the service manager for diagnosing a repair that didnt help at all, especially after 450. Anyway, water under the bridge. I would look at the calipers, possibly a sticking piston or a rough slider. Good luck.