95 Ls Cabin Air Filter

chrisls400

i just removed the cabin air filter out of my 95 and i can't believe the difference it made it the velocity of air flow through the a/c. i don't think it had ever been replaced as that thing was hideous. i may just leave it out since the air blows harder now. any reasons to put new one in there, other than the occasional bug in the eye?? :pirate:

i just removed the cabin air filter out of my 95 and i can't believe the difference it made it the velocity of air flow through the a/c. i don't think it had ever been replaced as that thing was hideous. i may just leave it out since the air blows harder now. any reasons to put new one in there, other than the occasional bug in the eye?? :pirate:

Without the filter the "squirrel cage" blower vanes accumulate dust and dirt like you wouldn't believe. The factory filter may also have some anti-microbial chemical embedded tp prevent mold and mildew formation as do the inexpensive home furnace filters you can use to make new filters for your LS.

I agree with wwest - install a new factory filter. My LS doens't have one being a 92, but my 98 GS does, and the GS stays perfectly clean inside - no dust, very little odour, while the LS is like any other car - dashboard and console get very dirty quickly. The filter is worth it.

i just removed the cabin air filter out of my 95 and i can't believe the difference it made it the velocity of air flow through the a/c. i don't think it had ever been replaced as that thing was hideous. i may just leave it out since the air blows harder now. any reasons to put new one in there, other than the occasional bug in the eye??:pirate:

Without the filter the "squirrel cage" blower vanes accumulate dust and dirt like you wouldn't believe. The factory filter may also have some anti-microbial chemical embedded tp prevent mold and mildew formation as do the inexpensive home furnace filters you can use to make new filters for your LS.

thanks wwest. will do. i was just amazed at the increased force of the air after removing the dirty one. i hope it will still blow out hard after i install the new oem one. thanks for the input guys.

i just removed the cabin air filter out of my 95 and i can't believe the difference it made it the velocity of air flow through the a/c. i don't think it had ever been replaced as that thing was hideous. i may just leave it out since the air blows harder now. any reasons to put new one in there, other than the occasional bug in the eye??:pirate:

thanks wwest. will do. i was just amazed at the increased force of the air after removing the dirty one. i hope it will still blow out hard after i install the new oem one. thanks for the input guys.

It will. The filter media is not that restrictive when new.

My '95 LS didn't have a filter in it when I bought it. I installed a new (OEM Lexus) filter last weekend, and didn't notice an appreciable drop in air flow. I bet your old one was clogged up.