Hid Headlight Vs. Sylvania Silverstar

Guys, need a little help here with headlights. Want something brighter than the halogen that I have right now.

The Sylvania Silverstar seems to be the easiest to just install and go. The only problem is they are 3x more expansive than halogen and the lifetime is about

1/5 of the halogens. This all means I will be changing light bulbs every 3 - 4 months at the rate I am driving or in essence paying like 15x more than a halogen bulb.

Someone had suggested HID on this site, but I am a little confused. I am aware of HID conversion kit and ballasts. Installing should not be a problem for me. There is one thing that I am a little confused about. Someone mentioned that our current OEM headlight lenses are not made for HID because of heat. Someone mentioned that our HID headlight lenses are not bent correctly for HID light aiming.

Please clarify. By the way, I live in California. They are all sorts of moron driving rules and some headlights are not allowed because of brightness and/or color. Anyone know the details??? Is HID ok in California??

Thanks guys!!!

Guys, need a little help here with headlights. Want something brighter than the halogen that I have right now.

The Sylvania Silverstar seems to be the easiest to just install and go. The only problem is they are 3x more expansive than halogen and the lifetime is about

1/5 of the halogens. This all means I will be changing light bulbs every 3 - 4 months at the rate I am driving or in essence paying like 15x more than a halogen bulb.

Someone had suggested HID on this site, but I am a little confused. I am aware of HID conversion kit and ballasts. Installing should not be a problem for me. There is one thing that I am a little confused about. Someone mentioned that our current OEM headlight lenses are not made for HID because of heat. Someone mentioned that our HID headlight lenses are not bent correctly for HID light aiming.

Please clarify. By the way, I live in California. They are all sorts of moron driving rules and some headlights are not allowed because of brightness and/or color. Anyone know the details??? Is HID ok in California??

Thanks guys!!!

dont know what year your car is?

but i am gonna assume it takes a h7 bulb

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H7.asp

order the hyper 65w thay last as long as stock and are great bulbs

with a lexus you can get away with a kit as along as u stay in the 4200k range, which will gove off about 3200lumens

now if u have the older type with the projectors i say u moddify a 9005(hir) bulb for your lows or a 4200k kit(9006)

Yes, HID's in federally approved HID housings with leveling control are legal anywhere in the US.

No halogen bulb comes remotely in the ballpark of HID bulbs.

Forget silverstars & all the like. The blue tint removes the msot useable light & makes them dimmer than $6 generic bulbs. Use the $6 phillips, or sylvania bulbs.