Hissing Sound After Turning Off

hi,

here is the latest on my 07 rx400hybrid. i now have 1700 miles, still dealing with the rocking, lurching, surging at 40 and 60, but not as pronounced.

i am willing to give it more time, although i plan to call the dealer and ask if they have any updates on this on the '07s.

i have been away for a week and the car has been unused. now that i am back, i keep getting a hissing whiney noise when i turn the car off, just short of a whistle sound. i dont notice it so much outside, but i do when i return the car to the garage. it takes 2 or 3 minutes for the sound to dissipate. sounds like pressure seeping out somewhere. i have heard clicks and whirrs when the car is still or when i open the door, but this is

a new one

the car has been fine otherwise. any ideas? is it normal or should i take it in now?

thanks

louis

my '06 is a model of smoothness and silkyness, though I have 12,000 miles on her. I have never experienced any surging, but I have broken her in gently and change the oil 2x as religiously than most.

As for noises, I do get notice a noise, especially when I am parked indoors, but it only occurs after about a minute of engine shut down. The noise is NOT a hiss at all, but more of a click and whirr. Other than that, no real noises to mention of... sorry.

Cheers,

MadloR

my '06 is a model of smoothness and silkyness, though I have 12,000 miles on her. I have never experienced any surging, but I have broken her in gently and change the oil 2x as religiously than most.

As for noises, I do get notice a noise, especially when I am parked indoors, but it only occurs after about a minute of engine shut down. The noise is NOT a hiss at all, but more of a click and whirr. Other than that, no real noises to mention of... sorry.

Cheers,

MadloR

yes, i get the click and whirrs. this one is new. maybe this will send me in to check it all out, its just such a drag, they can never find what i am complaining about.

thanks

There is a TSIB for the "rocking" feeling at 40 and 70mph. Software change. As for the noise after the car is shut off, it could be the electric motor (mg1) spinning off excessive power from the HV battery. If the HV battery charge is higher than the ECU wants, it will run mg1 to bring the state of chage down.

the first model prius had a bladder for a gas tank and people had to fill it slowly. toyota solved this problem on the lexus by building a system that vents the fuel system periodically and when the car is parked. i believe this is the hissing sound you hear altho mine has never gone on for two or three minutes, are you sure this sound continues this long? it is totally separate from the whirring cand clicking sounds.

the first model prius had a bladder for a gas tank and people had to fill it slowly. toyota solved this problem on the lexus by building a system that vents the fuel system periodically and when the car is parked. i believe this is the hissing sound you hear altho mine has never gone on for two or three minutes, are you sure this sound continues this long? it is totally separate from the whirring cand clicking sounds.

yes, it is totally different from the whirring and clicking. i do believe it does go for 2 or 3 minutes, could it be from sitting unused for a week? i did do some highway driving today, did about 50 miles, it happened right after in the garage. i dont hear it when i park outside, of course i am not hanging around the car when im out and about.

There is a TSIB for the "rocking" feeling at 40 and 70mph. Software change. As for the noise after the car is shut off, it could be the electric motor (mg1) spinning off excessive power from the HV battery. If the HV battery charge is higher than the ECU wants, it will run mg1 to bring the state of chage down.

interesting about the battery. maybe thats it, i never had this before. as i said the car had been sitting for a week. i did put about 50 miles of

highway driving today. it did it when i came home to the garage.

as for the TSIB, is it specifically for the "07s? the dealer said it was a '06 problem, but it hasnt been one in the '07s.