Chipped Paint

valeman

Hi,

I noticed that I have a tiny (1mm X 1mm) chip on the hood of the car. My guess is that a tiny gravel or some similar thing has stuck it while on the freeway (I drive it 40 miles on the freeway each weekday) causing the chip.

Can anyone offer suggestion on what should be done? Is there an easy DIY fix or some other reasonable option (i.e. I'd like to avoid getting the hood or the entire car repainted)? One option obiously is to leave it alone, but I'd like to know if there's a downside to that and suggestions on ways to fix this.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Go to your dealer and buy a touchup pen and put a drop of paint into the chipped area. I had the same thing happen to me......a small chip that I repaired this way.....I don't even notice it anymore. :)

• 3 months later...
Go to your dealer and buy a touchup pen and put a drop of paint into the chipped area. I had the same thing happen to me......a small chip that I repaired this way.....I don't even notice it anymore. smile.gif

Go to www.5starshine.com

They have a great kit for use with the manufacturers touch up paint.

• 9 months later...
Hi,

I noticed that I have a tiny (1mm X 1mm) chip on the hood of the car. My guess is that a tiny gravel or some similar thing has stuck it while on the freeway (I drive it 40 miles on the freeway each weekday) causing the chip.

Can anyone offer suggestion on what should be done? Is there an easy DIY fix or some other reasonable option (i.e. I'd like to avoid getting the hood or the entire car repainted)? One option obiously is to leave it alone, but I'd like to know if there's a downside to that and suggestions on ways to fix this.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I had a similar problem. Right after I purchased my ES350 I noticed several little chips. I wondered if there was a problem with the paint job! I used the touch up paint from the dealer and a little "rubbing compound". Then tried not to notice them any more. I don't think anyone else does...

Go to your dealer and buy a touchup pen and put a drop of paint into the chipped area. I had the same thing happen to me......a small chip that I repaired this way.....I don't even notice it anymore. :)

Go to www.5starshime.com

They have a great kit for use with the manufacturers touch up paint.

I am experiencing the worst paint job ever on my lexus IS250. It's black and I've only had it not even three years. I don't know about you, but I am being more and more persistent on getting answers as to why my paint is worse on this car, than on any other car I've owned. For the price, I think I deserve a car that is goingto hold up under road condidtions, and considering the fact that I barely drive it, and have only 24,000 miles on it, this shouldn't be happening. I have scratches all over the hood, showing white underneath, and spots that were showing in certain areas all over my car that looks like something was eating through the paint. If there was clearcoat on this, nothing would get through to the paint. I am still investigating this and plan to go to Lexus on this issue. I am not wasting my $40,000 to have my car look terrible. What is worse, my fiance drives a hyndai elantra and his is black, he drives it more than me and nothing is on his car.

As I told you in the other thread, your car needs to be detailed...

If you have scratches things are scratching the car...what kind of washing techniques do you use? Do you use an automatic carwash? How often do you polish and wax the paint?

And thats not true, clearcoat is no different than color coat...its just clear.

Your husband may be more careful how his vehicle is washed...