Lx470 Height Control

md0125

Hello,

I have a 1999 LX470 with 101,000 miles. At the moment the rear end is sitting very, very high and the front appears to be almost sitting on the tires. The ride is brutal and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas. I noticed another post that referred to a sensor in the back of the 470 that may be causing the problem. Could someone tell me where this is located? Thanks; family in from out of town this weekend and if there is a temporary fix someone might suggest if is greatly appreciated.

Martin

Hello,

I have a 1999 LX470 with 101,000 miles. At the moment the rear end is sitting very, very high and the front appears to be almost sitting on the tires. The ride is brutal and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas. I noticed another post that referred to a sensor in the back of the 470 that may be causing the problem. Could someone tell me where this is located? Thanks; family in from out of town this weekend and if there is a temporary fix someone might suggest if is greatly appreciated.

Martin

iI have a recurring problem similiar to yours. The dealer has changed out the sensors 3 times. The last time I had this problem they changed the fluid associated with the height control system and the problem was corrected.

Hello,

Martin

iI have a recurring problem similiar to yours. The dealer has changed out the sensors 3 times. The last time I had this problem they changed the fluid associated with the height control system and the problem was corrected.

Thanks for responding. I kind of bounced the vehicle up and down last night by lowering the tailgate and then pushing down hard on it several times; when I subsequently started the car it leveled out. I then turned off the height control but it intermittently comes back on. If I do keep it off do you know if this will keep it from 'self-leveling'?

Hello,

Martin

Thanks for responding. I kind of bounced the vehicle up and down last night by lowering the tailgate and then pushing down hard on it several times; when I subsequently started the car it leveled out. I then turned off the height control but it intermittently comes back on. If I do keep it off do you know if this will keep it from 'self-leveling'?

I would get it to the dealer to check out. Ask about the fluid. They have had problems with the sensors. i had a similiar experience with getting it to level itself and then had it fail when we were 100 miles from home. The other frustrating thing you will hear from the dealer is that they could not duplicate the prob

If/when you get new sensors, first thing you should do is use a non-conductive sealing compound and seal it up against weather. The only problem I've heard w/ the sensors is the internal contacts corrode (usually due to road salt).

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Martin

With that age and mileage, the front and rear accumulators are probably getting near flat. THis will cause a choppy, bouncy ride over undulations,speed bumps,etc. THis will cause a host of problems if allowed to continue. Please see my website 'activesuspensionsystems.com' for lots more on the AHC and accumulators.