Cruise Control Cut Off In The Middle Of Driving

i drive a 94 es300 about 193k and coming back from tennessee i had the cruise control on and all of a sudden it cut off and the cruise light started blinking then went out. i tried to turn it back on several times but it wouldnt turn on....well after my fuel stop i tried turning it on again and it worked. i turned it on and off several times to make sure it was working and no problems. has anyone else experienced this? my thoughts were that something in the programming was confused and cut it off then when i turned my car off to fuel up it resetted itself when i started the car back up...or maybe it was just some phantom car problem that happens sometimes....i really dont know

P.S. 441.7mi@15.742gal=28.1mpg on 89 shell gas :cheers:

i drive a 94 es300 about 193k and coming back from tennessee i had the cruise control on and all of a sudden it cut off and the cruise light started blinking then went out. i tried to turn it back on several times but it wouldnt turn on....well after my fuel stop i tried turning it on again and it worked. i turned it on and off several times to make sure it was working and no problems. has anyone else experienced this? my thoughts were that something in the programming was confused and cut it off then when i turned my car off to fuel up it resetted itself when i started the car back up...or maybe it was just some phantom car problem that happens sometimes....i really dont know

Check the brake pedal switch that turns on the brake lights, it may be adjusted just a little too critically, "hair-trigger" one might say. Also ALL your rear brake lights must be functional, including high mounted one, or the cruise control will sometime be intermittent. You cannot use LL, Long Life, type bulbs nor LEDs in those sockets without compromising the cruise control's "brake-on" monitoring cutoff circuit.

Check the brake pedal switch that turns on the brake lights, it may be adjusted just a little too critically, "hair-trigger" one might say. Also ALL your rear brake lights must be functional, including high mounted one, or the cruise control will sometime be intermittent. You cannot use LL, Long Life, type bulbs nor LEDs in those sockets without compromising the cruise control's "brake-on" monitoring cutoff circuit.

well it sounds about right because i just had my master cylinder replaced (see my other thread) and the brake pedal is hairpin trigger like now....the other thing i did put in were those long life bulbs but i havent had the cruise control cut off until i got the new MC. i'm actually glad it isnt broken but i had to drive 250 miles with my foot workin the gas pedal. good excersize but very unconvienient(keeps you awake though) :P . so is this something to just ride out or do i need to get it fixed?

Same thing happend to me last night, my mechanic told me when the cruise control is switched ON, and you use the "resume button" and go over a certain speed (85mph+) the cpu automatically cuts of the cruise control temporarly until the car is switched off.

Same thing happend to me last night, my mechanic told me when the cruise control is switched ON, and you use the "resume button" and go over a certain speed (85mph+) the cpu automatically cuts of the cruise control temporarly until the car is switched off.

i know the cruise works at 135mph( um closed course) so that has nothin to do with that.

i blame that lights idea

also did know about the LL bulbs , that may be why mine sometimes kicks on when there is a strain on the alt.