Type Of Fuel, And Expected Milage Per. Gallon

jimibill

well i use 91 octane, but others here use other lower octanes. at least use the middle one...cause i always think the car deserves better. anyways, gas mileage wont be that much of a difference to the point where there is an advantage on one grade over another.

im going to tell you my real world gas mileage, and it might scare you, but there are a few reasons why it is so low.

1) i live in San Francisco and the hills are killer on the gas

2) my wife doesnt listen to me when i tell her to drive more efficiently

my city is around 13 and my highways can get as high as 25. my trip computer stays around 15 with 80% city driving.

driving efficiently like scoping out the road to coast as much as possible will be the only way you can really save gas.

Just returned from a round-trip (2500 mi total) in a new 350. The last leg with mid-grade fuel and the cruise-cont. set at 70mph yielded 31+ mpg. On one leg we used mid-grade ethenol (10%) and got 24/25 mpg. For me the choice, every other tank, is straight mid-grade. Hope this helps, Argo