1995 Sc300 Won't Start...bad Ecu? Need Spark!

I have a 1995 SC300 with only 21K that turns over fine but will not fire. It has no spark. I checked the distributor cap and it looks fine. If the ECU is bad then the fuel pump won't cycle right? I cracked a line and there is fuel pressure, but don't hear the pump. Are the pumps loud? Any help or suggestions would be much appriciated. Thanks

pumps arent loud. you shouldnt be able to hear it unless your right by the tank.

Thanks for the help. I was told to check the ignition module. Does anyone know where it is nad how to check it? Thanks again for any help.

• 11 months later...
pumps arent loud. you shouldnt be able to hear it unless your right by the tank.

Thanks for the help. I was told to check the ignition module. Does anyone know where it is nad how to check it? Thanks again for any help.

have you checked your ignition coil? that would prevent fire to distr and ultimately the plugs

i would start from the beginning to trace it. first. was there any codes before it die. than fuse box because those only take a couple of minutes. because sometime it's the simple thing that started the the big time. than if that's fine, then of course ignition system which included coils, igniter, and etc. one important thing don't forget the pick up sensor. im not sure if the sc300 uses crank sensor or cam sensor for the signal to the ecu. well i hope, i lead you to something.

I have a 1995 SC300 with only 21K that turns over fine but will not fire. It has no spark. I checked the distributor cap and it looks fine. If the ECU is bad then the fuel pump won't cycle right? I cracked a line and there is fuel pressure, but don't hear the pump. Are the pumps loud? Any help or suggestions would be much appriciated. Thanks

I have a 92 SC400, and had the same problem. It cranked strong but no ignition. I looked through this forum and determined (in the case of the 4.0 Liter) that it might be the EFI relay or the fuel ECU. I reset the EFI relay inside the relay box under the hood, and my car fired right up. This only worked for a couple of times, and then I couldn't start the engine and had the same problem again. Then I went to the fuel ECU (behind the panel of the left rear passenger seat), reset the connector of the fuel ECU, and again the car started right up. I changed out the fuel ECU (it was $275 at Park Place Lexus in TX), and the car started fine for a while. Then I still had the same problem intermittently, and I just replaced the battery. Car is starting fine for now, I am waiting to see if the battery was my fix?????