Antenna Mast

A couple of weeks ago my antenna mast quit working. The antenna mast motor would make a grinding noise but the antenna would not go up or down. I have a friend who is a mechanic for Nissan and he attempted to get me a new mast since he said that it was probably the interior cable for the mast. However his (dealer) cost was about 65.00. I then called the local radio shop and they said that Lexus was the only one who supplied the part and it cost about 75.00. Not wanting to pay this kinda money I checked eBay. I found an antenna mast on there for about 19.00 (shipping included). I ordered the part. A day later the seller sent me an e-mail with detailed instructions. The antenna came in within 5 days. Using the directions I installed the new antenna in approximately 30-45 minutes. This included taking the motor out of car and disassembling it to take the plastic cable out that was broken (most of the time you don't have to do this since the cable comes out with the mast).

Anyway if you need a new antenna try and contact Gary Guear glgdirect@comcast.net

I was really impressed with the service.

• 4 months later...
A couple of weeks ago my antenna mast quit working. The antenna mast motor would make a grinding noise but the antenna would not go up or down. I have a friend who is a mechanic for Nissan and he attempted to get me a new mast since he said that it was probably the interior cable for the mast. However his (dealer) cost was about 65.00. I then called the local radio shop and they said that Lexus was the only one who supplied the part and it cost about 75.00. Not wanting to pay this kinda money I checked eBay. I found an antenna mast on there for about 19.00 (shipping included). I ordered the part. A day later the seller sent me an e-mail with detailed instructions. The antenna came in within 5 days. Using the directions I installed the new antenna in approximately 30-45 minutes. This included taking the motor out of car and disassembling it to take the plastic cable out that was broken (most of the time you don't have to do this since the cable comes out with the mast).

Anyway if you need a new antenna try and contact Gary Guear glgdirect@comcast.net

I was really impressed with the service.

how did you take the motor out? I have the same problem and bought the antenna on ebay.

Thank you in advance for your advise