Toyota Part #s

BrianKing

Hi. I have a 99 AWD Rx300 and I need to get some parts and would like to get them at my local Toyota dealer because it is close and I can get a really good deal from them. I have gone in and talked to them, but they can't or won't cross reference with Lexus part #s. Is there a website or database where I can do this? I'm looking for left and right front strut mounts with bearings and transmission filter & gasket. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi. I have a 99 AWD Rx300 and I need to get some parts and would like to get them at my local Toyota dealer because it is close and I can get a really good deal from them. I have gone in and talked to them, but they can't or won't cross reference with Lexus part #s. Is there a website or database where I can do this? I'm looking for left and right front strut mounts with bearings and transmission filter & gasket. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've run into the same problem. Unfortunately many/most of the accessory and body parts arent the same as a toyota eqivalent and even if you find ones that are the same part theres an entirely separate Toyota number for it. Iv'e never seen a cross reference chart or site (I'd love to if you find one). In your case the was no Highlander in 99 so I'm not sure there were parts to cross reference and evne though the RX is based a lot onthe Camry I'd suspect the parts are similar but not identical enough to use instead of. Could be wrong but its an awful lot of work to find out. On a more positive note I've found that the parts arent that much different in price form Lexus to Toyota dealers (varies depending on what it is of course and you can get some decent prices if you order online), I've found ParkPlace Lexus in Texas to be a great source of genuine parts at decent prices, if yo search the forum there are some other places too. good Luck

Here is something to try but it takes some time and effort.

Find a third party supplier and get the part number for the Lexus item (try Googling the part). Then search the third party website using the Lexus part number and see what other cars the item will fit. That will reveal the year, make, and model of Toyota that has the same part application if there is one. Then the item can be picked up at a Toyota dealer but applied to the Lexus.

It works with Wix oil filters so might work with whatever you are looking for.

http://www.wixfilters.com/