How To Bypass The Factory Amplifier

hoangtam

Anyone know how to bypass the stock amplifier? I took out the factory cd player and want to install a DVD player, do I have to do handwire for it and connect all the speakers separately? is there any other way?

thanks

The amp is located next to the glove box. Yeah you can easily bypass it. Just remove it, or disconnect it and wire it from there. question; are you installing a new amp? or are you powering the speakers from the head unit? Do you have stock speakers? the reason I ask is this:

If you plan to run speakers from the head unit, your better off using the stock amp config. I would wire to the amp in that case.

If your running a new amp then obviously I would remove the old one, but be very careful as the stock speakers can't handle that much power and tend to fry under their low ohm rating.

If you have aftermarket speakers then you probably already know that the stock amp doesn't push them very well, so the head unit would probably sound better pushing the power, but you should still couph up the 2-300 bucks and buy a real amp.