Gx470 Console Doors Off Track

jbowles3

Somehow (with twin 3 year old boys in the backseat), the doors on the rear center console on my GX470 have come off track. This is the compartment with the 2 doors that fold up and meet in the middle that also holds the CD changer. I can shut one door or the other, but not both. I can almost open both doors, but not far enough to get the CD magazine out.

Has anyone had experience with either repairing or replacing this that might offer some pointers? If I need to replace, can someone point me towards the parts list?

Thanks,

James

P.S. Dealer wants $700 to replace entire console. Not gonna happen....

I am having the same problem on a used GX 470 that I just purchased. There is somthing that has fallen into where the dorrs open and I can not open the doors all the way. It sucks because I can not open the DVD player because the doors are jammed. I am trying to find a way to remove the back part of the console so I can get the object out. I have seen many illustrations on removing the front part of the console but not the rear part. Can anyone help?

I'm not too familiar on how to go about your guys' problem, but my best bet would be to remove the center console itself to be able to easily access the DVD player/stuff inside... I'm pretty sure it's easy to disassemble that thing... But if anyone has an illustration or instructions, please do post it in this thread for future reference for other people down the road. Thanks.

I'm not too familiar on how to go about your guys' problem, but my best bet would be to remove the center console itself to be able to easily access the DVD player/stuff inside... I'm pretty sure it's easy to disassemble that thing... But if anyone has an illustration or instructions, please do post it in this thread for future reference for other people down the road. Thanks.

I finally fixed my problem! It was some sort of car alarm remote that had fallen down behind the door.

I was thinking that it would be fairly easy also. So, I went out to my garage and dove in (I was not about to pay Lezus $500 to take abourt the console). I had done some radio deck and speaker installs on my cars in the past, so I will give it the old college try.

Anyways, about 1 hour into the disassemble I had the entire center console sitting in the garage floor. At that point I was still was not able to get behind the doors, but I was able to turn the entire thing over and shake out the object that kept the doors from opening. It works know, but without a diagram it will take some time, strong verves and an understanding wife. Don't let the her see it in disrepair! You want to talk about flipping out!

Anyways, I will be glad to try to explian but it would probably be just as easy doing it yourself.

It may not take me that long next time but it was a pain to find access to all the screws to free the console. You also will need to unplug several things such as the DVD player and gear shift and console lights.

• 1 month later...

I finally fixed my problem! It was some sort of car alarm remote that had fallen down behind the door.

I was thinking that it would be fairly easy also. So, I went out to my garage and dove in (I was not about to pay Lezus $500 to take abourt the console). I had done some radio deck and speaker installs on my cars in the past, so I will give it the old college try.

Anyways, about 1 hour into the disassemble I had the entire center console sitting in the garage floor. At that point I was still was not able to get behind the doors, but I was able to turn the entire thing over and shake out the object that kept the doors from opening. It works know, but without a diagram it will take some time, strong verves and an understanding wife. Don't let the her see it in disrepair! You want to talk about flipping out!

Anyways, I will be glad to try to explian but it would probably be just as easy doing it yourself.

It may not take me that long next time but it was a pain to find access to all the screws to free the console. You also will need to unplug several things such as the DVD player and gear shift and console lights.

thanks for the details!! I have the same problem with my GX, but a pack of gum is keeping them from fully opening... :blushing: