Scufing On Center Door Post.

:cries: The drivers door center post on my 460 is all chewed up from sliding in and out of the seat. Anyone else have this problem? Is there any fix beside duct tape like a after market shield or plate. :huh:

not really. Your best bet is just to not lean the door against anything when coming out or going into the car. perhaps you could use those plastic strips they have for the door edges?

It's not the door it's the interior leather on the centerpost.

not really. Your best bet is just to not lean the door against anything when coming out or going into the car. perhaps you could use those plastic strips they have for the door edges?

It's not the door it's the interior leather on the centerpost.

The material is acutally vinyl. However, thank you for pointing this problem out to us. I just picked up my car on Saturday, it had been

a show room model for a month or so. Many got into and out of the car driver seat. The post is nicked and marred...didn't

notice until this post.

Thanks,

Joe

:cries: The drivers door center post on my 460 is all chewed up from sliding in and out of the seat. Anyone else have this problem? Is there any fix beside duct tape like a after market shield or plate. :huh:

Contact your service manager - I believe there is a TSB to replace the b-pillar column facing, if this is the area you're talking about. Something about us fat-butt American's rubbing up against it too many times when we get in and out of the car :rolleyes: (my assesment, not the service managers'...)

Contact your service manager - I believe there is a TSB to replace the b-pillar column facing, if this is the area you're talking about. Something about us fat-butt American's rubbing up against it too many times when we get in and out of the car :rolleyes: (my assesment, not the service managers'...)

hahahahhaha. it should be normal wear and tear but if it bothers you, as it would me, just bring it over to Lexus