95 Sc400 Newbee Questions? Sorry

First of, I love my car.

Already bought EVO rims (pick up them up Thursday)

But I have some basic questions with the features:

1. It comes with a phone, is there any way to activate phone or use a new phone through the Lexus (bluetooth maybe)? I want to use the speaker phone feature.

How do I set that up?

2. I received one key, I would like to order a second key. Any Ideas how I do that?

3. The key has a little remote button on it. It opens and closes my car doors, but does it activate the alarm as well? If not. is there a seperate alarm remote I should order?

4. Right by the gear shift theres three selections, ect, power, and one more I can't remember. I have mine set to "power" because thats the only one I think i understand. What are those features? what do they do?

5. What does Overdrive do in my Lexus? I thought that was for bigger cars.

Again, remember I'm new to cars like this so sorry for the basic questions.

Not sure about the phone.

Just order another key from the dealership. Once it comes in they program it and the new key fob to work with your existing one

All the buttons around the gear shifter are the ECT/Power which means Electronically Controlled Transmission in power mode it holds the gears out longer before shifting.

There are 2 more top/left of the gear shifter, those are the buttons for the heated seats. The other button top/right of the gear shifter is Traction Control on/off

Overdrive is 4th gear or the last gear. It has less than 1:1 ratio........that is for gas mileage benefits. Just keep that button pressed in at all times. Unless you want to ride around town in 3rd gear all the time!!

Hope this helps ya out some! Welcome Aboard!!

I'll answer what I can...

3. The alarm is activated whenever you lock the doors either using the key button, or the inside electric lock button, given that the key is not in the ignition.

4. As far as I know, the switch has two settings: "NORMal" and "PWR" or power. ECT means Electronically Controlled Transmission, or something like that. It changes the shift points and the way the trans shifts. See the attachment.

5. Overdrive as I understand it at least is just a 4th, of fifth gear, depending on which year you have. So it just improves gas milage by keeping the RPMs down. And btw.. It is a big car haha, pretty friggin heavy for the size of it.

services.pdf

3. The alarm is activated whenever you lock the doors either using the key button, or the inside electric lock button, given that the key is not in the ignition.

4. As far as I know, the switch has two settings: "NORMal" and "PWR" or power. ECT means Electronically Controlled Transmission, or something like that. It changes the shift points and the way the trans shifts. See the attachment.

5. Overdrive as I understand it at least is just a 4th, of fifth gear, depending on which year you have. So it just improves gas milage by keeping the RPMs down. And btw.. It is a big car haha, pretty friggin heavy for the size of it.

All you guys are great.

So is it better to keep it set to ECT or power for gas?

How much of difference in saving gas is it from over drive too just normal drive? Will I notice it?

Right now I have it set to Power, and never use over drive. If anything some times i put in L or 2 to take off from the line or stop light. LoL

I wont be doing that any more. Love the car way to much.

All you guys are great.

So is it better to keep it set to ECT or power for gas?

How much of difference in saving gas is it from over drive too just normal drive? Will I notice it?

Right now I have it set to Power, and never use over drive. If anything some times i put in L or 2 to take off from the line or stop light. LoL

I wont be doing that any more. Love the car way to much.

Difference in gas mileage is negligable...........Im not sure if will notice a huge difference........maybe 10-15 miles less per tank keeping it on power.........but even that could be highly debated!!! Just enjoy!!!

I keep mine on PWR unless I feel like driving like an a$$hole. It doesn't make a huge difference unless you're driving like that anyway, in which case, you'd be sucking gas anyway. Off the line, PWR makes no differnce from what that chart shows, because under full acceleration, the kickdown is engaged, and there's no difference in upshifting with that engaged.

However, I do notice a HUGE difference with my 400 in regards to my driving habits. If I drive like a grandma, I can go through about $50/week in gas, but if I dive like an a$$ all week, I can use $150 haha.