Wheels

Damn...!!! Ive been to and through all over these posts and others (from other forums) and I cant yet seem to find an answer to a question. So Ill post the question up to see if someone could help me out with this.

I would like to know what is the maximum depth and offset combo I could go with, assuming the front wheels are going to set the standard for the following factors for what I want:

I would like to have the same size all the way around since I want to prolong the life of the tires by doing 4 wheel rotations as scheduled. Yet I want to get the "flush" look as close as possible (knowing that since the limitations are more strict in the front wheels, the rear "flush" look will not fully pan out) without having to roll my fenders. I dont plan on lowering my car, so I also want to know how much meat on the tire I can get without over sizing the entire diameter of the stock size tire so that I dont affect my speedometer reading. <---- LOL... Did that make sense??? <_< Finally, what size tires would be recommended for this set up, keeping in mind all four wheels have to match size? I also dont want to rub when busting u-turns or going over bumps.

Oh yeah.... !!!! A suggestion I did get from a post was to put spacers in the back wheels so that I could "push" the rear wheel out a bit more for the flushed fender look, yet maintain the front wheel size factor in mind for rotation purposes. My concern is that Ive heard spacers are a dangerous thing to put on cause you could lose your wheels while driving down the road. Since I have my young children that I take with me sometimes, I would hate to not factor safety into this whole project. Any thoughts on spacers?

Whew!!! :wacko: Sorry for the long post, but I dont know how to best explain the situation.

Thanks everyone for helping out!!! :cheers:

Damn...!!! Ive been to and through all over these posts and others (from other forums) and I cant yet seem to find an answer to a question. So Ill post the question up to see if someone could help me out with this.

I would like to know what is the maximum depth and offset combo I could go with, assuming the front wheels are going to set the standard for the following factors for what I want:

I would like to have the same size all the way around since I want to prolong the life of the tires by doing 4 wheel rotations as scheduled. Yet I want to get the "flush" look as close as possible (knowing that since the limitations are more strict in the front wheels, the rear "flush" look will not fully pan out) without having to roll my fenders. I dont plan on lowering my car, so I also want to know how much meat on the tire I can get without over sizing the entire diameter of the stock size tire so that I dont affect my speedometer reading. <---- LOL... Did that make sense??? <_< Finally, what size tires would be recommended for this set up, keeping in mind all four wheels have to match size? I also dont want to rub when busting u-turns or going over bumps.

Oh yeah.... !!!! A suggestion I did get from a post was to put spacers in the back wheels so that I could "push" the rear wheel out a bit more for the flushed fender look, yet maintain the front wheel size factor in mind for rotation purposes. My concern is that Ive heard spacers are a dangerous thing to put on cause you could lose your wheels while driving down the road. Since I have my young children that I take with me sometimes, I would hate to not factor safety into this whole project. Any thoughts on spacers?

Whew!!! :wacko: Sorry for the long post, but I dont know how to best explain the situation.

Unfortunately that is a very tough question to answer as all types of wheels will require different offsets.....ie, if you want the wheels to have no lip, some lip, extreme lip etc, each offset will be different......concurrently depending on what size wheel you go with your tire sizes may vary also.

In a nutshell, there are too many variables to answer this question without a more definitive type of wheel you want to go with, along with diameter and width......

Unfortunately that is a very tough question to answer as all types of wheels will require different offsets.....ie, if you want the wheels to have no lip, some lip, extreme lip etc, each offset will be different......concurrently depending on what size wheel you go with your tire sizes may vary also.

In a nutshell, there are too many variables to answer this question without a more definitive type of wheel you want to go with, along with diameter and width......

Yeah... I guess youre right!!! I totally see your point. Figure a "newbie" to ask something like that. :rolleyes: :chairshot:

Thanks for taking the time to point that out Kramer

Yeah... I guess youre right!!! I totally see your point. Figure a "newbie" to ask something like that. :rolleyes: :chairshot:

Thanks for taking the time to point that out Kramer

Hey man, no problem. I am in the market for wheels right now too.....I just cant decide which route I want to go as far as color.....I am going to do a stagger setup, wider in back but just cant decide if I want silver wheels, gold, or black all with polished lips.............tough decision!!!