Mma Fans? Ufc Fans?

JIBBBY

Mixed Martial Arts is exploding and boxing is dying out...Anyone a fan of MMA, Pride, UFC, IFL, etc?

If so who is the best?

Merco, Fedor, Randy courture, Ganzaga? (Heavy weights)

Iceman, Rampage, Dan Henderson, etc? (Light Heavy weights)

Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, George St Piere, or now Matt Sierra? (Middle weights)

Not expecting too many replies but thought I would inquire about this topic....

I kinda expected that....Not alot of UFC fans on the Lexus forums... It's a mixed martial arts sport that is growing in leaps and bounds... For those that don't know about MMA you will know about it soon...

Boxing is dead....

Thanks for the reply RYA.....

Yeah, that's pretty much it...Throw two tattoo'd muscle guys in a cage together and see who beats each other up first... Pretty much no rules..kicks, punches,wrestling, kickboxing, Judo, chokes, body slams, etc...it all goes...It's kinda like that fake wrestling you have seen for years except the UFC is real and can get !Removed!......The blood you see is not ketchup either.... Very barbaric to say the least, but it appears it's a hot sport that's growing like crazy... It is drawing peoples interests...

I find it very entertaining and competitive....

I would venture to say most women wouldn't appreciate the violence, but there is always an occasional few that do...

Yeah, that's pretty much it...Throw two tattoo'd muscle guys in a cage together and see who beats each other up first... Pretty much no rules..kicks, punches,wrestling, kickboxing, Judo, chokes, body slams, etc...it all goes...It's kinda like that fake wrestling you have seen for years except the UFC is real and can get !Removed!......The blood you see is not ketchup either.... Very barbaric to say the least, but it appears it's a hot sport that's growing like crazy... It is drawing peoples interests...

I find it very entertaining and competitive....

I would venture to say most women wouldn't appreciate the violence, but there is always an occasional few that do...

Right..... not so into the fighting aspect (I can't even kill bugs - I pick them up & run outside with them!), which I know is the whole point. Are the guys intelligent or just a bunch of muscleheadz? Are they talking about strategy and having a plan or just attack, attack, attack? Smart, tattooed, muscley guys.... OMG the Holy Trinity. So what got you into this, are you into the martial arts stuff? Sorry.... lots of questions.... I've hijacked your post :(

RYA, There is no thread to high jack and you are the only one responding...So don't sweat it, I appreciate the replies...

Ok, alot of the good Mixed Martial Arts champions are former Olympic and or Division 1 college wrestlers, olympic black belt Judo practitioners, etc....So yes most are very educated, and they consider this purely a sport of challenge and competition and not brutality...Mono e mono.....There are a few thugs from the street, but not too many... Those usually don't do as well, as it is a thinking sport to some degree.. It's a manly thing I guess regardless of education... I would say all the champions in the sport are highly intelegent, humble, and soft spoken guys with college degrees... The Chuck Lidell's, Randy Courture's, etc... Infact one is a comentator when not fighting for his titles...

So with that being said, if you don't like killing bugs I really don't think you would enjoy the UFC... However, do expect to see MMA events on regular TV soon and not just Spike...Alot of PPV events too..

What got me into this you asked? My competitive spirit I guess. I was a former pro-beach volleyball player and also played professional basketball overseas for a few years in my mid twenties...Played tennis alot, loved watching boxing events and of course loved working with the cars... I saw the UFC years ago and became very interested on how one martial arts style is far more superior then the others.. As it turned out the guys with the best wrestling skills usually became the best fighters over all other martial artists... You can't kick or punch a guy when your pinned down on your back...So the ability to control your opponent on the ground seemed to be the best way to defeat opponents...

That's pretty much MMA in nut shell... I am not a fighter, I suck at wrestling, never boxed or practiced any martial arts skills....I just really like to watch it during down time....

Ok, well now I've been schooled in the art of Mixed Martial Arts fighting. I have a friend who has studied & now teaches Tai Chi & another friend who has studied Ninjitsu for his whole life. These guys are so powerful, I know I'm always safe around them (or they could kill me - but I ignore that little fun fact). I don't see myself getting into UFC stuff (maybe it's my girley nature), but it sounds like it's something that you enjoy - that's what makes it interesting. One of the things I really like about the people I've met on this forum is that everyone has diverse interests & no one is afraid to say so. I'm also learning about different people, hobbies, cars & I'm having fun (ok - there are always a few odd ones in the group, but you'll have that). The other forums I belong to are interest specific - so we only talk about one thing. Plus so many of the people here have been really sweet to me & answer my stupid Lexus questions when I have them. :P

It sounds like you have had a REALLY exciting life with the pro-volleyball, basketball, living overseas - now living in L.A.... wow. I suck at volleyball & basketball. I played tennis up until I was in the 9th grade & golf for a bit after that. I was also involved with competitive roller skating for several years while in high school. Now I'm not so much into the competition (except the dance group I perform with is going to our first competition in 2 weeks), I'm more into precision - everyone doing the dance moves right, at the same time, etc.

Well, thanks for teaching me something new for today. :)