I'll Leave This Mod Up To You Tech/electrical For Approval

A few years ago I owned a Dodge Avenger ES Coupe, after some research on how to turn on and off the fog lights without having to run them on only while the driving lights were on (which is the stock way), I came across the instructions on a "how to". Well I did it, it was soooooo easy, no splicing or even getting more than your finger tips dirty, took literally only 2 or 3 minutes to do.

So anyways, I would like to do the same thing for my 92 SC400, but I'm concerned that the electrical things may not match up or work the same way as with the Avenger. So I turn the following instructions over to you Tech/Electrical Guru's to see if you guys may or may not feel this might work, or is there a step that should change.

Here are the instructions/"how to" for the Avengers:

Take a wire, like 6 inches long maybe( i used like 12g), open the fuse box under the hood, pull up the third from the top black relay in the middle of the box i believe it is(it should be labeled for your taillights, on the fusebox cover), there will be 2 vertical slots, and 2 horizontal slots, stick one end of the wire into the the vertical slot on the right, and stick the other end of the wire into the foglight fuse which is right next to it, im not sure which side of the fuse to put it in, then go in the car and turn on the running lights, the foglights should turn on, if they dont, put the wire in the other side of the foglamp fuse and it should work

Idea is when you switch the running lights on, the tail lights also turn on, and the wire in the taillight relay is pushed in the part that sends power to the tail lights, and that wire is also goin to the fuse part of the foglights that needs the power to turn them on.

Hopefully something like this could work out. It really, really is a piece of cake to do. I want to do it to my SC but I am just afraid of shorting something out, unless some of you guys think its safe to do so.

Thanks.

Oooops!!! SCHott... you are absolutely right. Thanks for the correction... my bad. :blushing:

Nevertheless... I guess I am wanting to see about getting it done for the cornering lights as opposed to fog lights mentioned. Though I know they (fogs and corner lights) dont serve the same purpose and/or lighting illumination, I just want to see if it is possible to do.

Thanks.