Stereo

I would like to replace at least the subwoofer with one more powerful (Kicker 8" or 10") Could I put it in a box and run it off the stock amp? I don't think I should waste a Kicker like that though. I don't want to replace the in dash head unit becuase I think the aftermarket ones ruin the class of a Lexus. Could I just run the output from the head unit into a more powerful amp also mounting it under the seat and put 6 1/2's in the front 6x9 in the back and then the Kicker in the trunk? I am not an audiophile so I don't know much about stereos. I have a 2000 ES300 non Nakamichi. Thank you!

~BRYAN~

That wont work, i tried to use Line-Out Converters (LOC) but was unable to get it to work! Best thing to do is switch stereos and use a harness! with Line Out Jacks for the Amp. The factory amp does not have enuf wattage to push anything but the factory speakers, they are finely tuned.

• 2 months later...

Can I just put a better sub in place of the 8" that is back there? It seems as if the amp under the seat is powering the sub only and that is puts out more power than the sub can handle...so I was thinking of putting a JL 8W1v2 in place of the stock sub. It is rated at 100-125w RMS...You would think the stock amp at least puts out that much power. Just a thought. Thanks in advance.