Clunks From Front Of Sc430

okioki

hello all,

do you have any similar experience like me? I have 2006 sc430 and

in low speeds -parking etc. I hear terrible sounds when turning my car??

sounds are coming from front of car, turning left or right . like a clunks not bells.

any ideas??

• 9 months later...

hello all,

sounds are coming from front of car, turning left or right . like a clunks not bells.

any ideas??

My wife is complaining of the same issue....did you ever get it figured out?

I believe what you guys are talking about is the CV boot and joints. With my acura I had a CV boot tear and the grease inside that lubs the joint went out/dried up, but I caught it before the clunking started. So there is nothing to lub the joint and thus leaving you with the clunking noise that you are describing.

Sadly for you two the clunking means more than just a ripped boot, the joints are grinding and are now bad. So you need to replace the boots and the joints. For my acura it cost me about $500 for one side full replacement. I have yet to replace them on my SC 430.

Also I would consider getting that fixed right away, because it could lead to further problems and eventually you won't be able to steer.

• 10 months later...
I believe what you guys are talking about is the CV boot and joints. With my acura I had a CV boot tear and the grease inside that lubs the joint went out/dried up, but I caught it before the clunking started. So there is nothing to lub the joint and thus leaving you with the clunking noise that you are describing.

Sadly for you two the clunking means more than just a ripped boot, the joints are grinding and are now bad. So you need to replace the boots and the joints. For my acura it cost me about $500 for one side full replacement. I have yet to replace them on my SC 430.

Also I would consider getting that fixed right away, because it could lead to further problems and eventually you won't be able to steer.

I don't think it would be CV joints as the car is rear wheel drive.

Are you running the stock wheels?

• 1 month later...

My car does the same things. Does it mostly when it's been sitting for a bit but not quite sure what it is since the car has only 33K miles on it and has never even been driven in the rain. Wouldn't think it's anything major..... at least I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
hello all,

any ideas??

My wife is complaining of the same issue....did you ever get it figured out?

hello all,

any ideas??

I have a 2006 SC also and I occasionally do hear a clicking sound that seems to come from front end. I hear it sometimes when I switch from rev. to fwd movement, sometimes on a turn but i Only hear it once then wont hear it for a while. I've tried (sharp) turning the car in both directions at slow speeds but dont here anything like that so I dont worry about it.

Do you hear repeated cluncks during the turn? If so would have it check out as it may still be a joint problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There are four bolt up high in the wheel wells on both sides. I had the same problem and my mechanic put an impact drill and a torque extension on them (from underneath). Tightened them up and noise was gone. It seems they have to be very tight. Of course also make sure the rest of the front end is right.

• 11 months later...

I had the same problem on my 2005 sc430. It was the clips attached to the brake pads. The sc430 uses a brake pad clip mechanism that I haven't seen before. The stock pads make this noise by moving forwards and backwards when you reverse and then drive forward. I replaced mine with Bendix ceramic pads. problem solved