Rwd Vs. Awd

Here in central NC, snow happens maybe once a year. This past winter it snowed over night, accumalating no more than a heavy dusting but it did coat the road surfaces. I did not have much choice and had to venture out in it. With the "snow" button on for the tranny, it seemed to do fairly well getting around except on inclines. The summer tires that came with the 07 GS350 are just that, summer tires. Not meant for traction in snow. I was able to get up the slight incline with the help of the traction control system when it kicked in. It was very slow going but I made it up the hill. Given that Illinois has far more snow than we do here in NC, the AWD option that you are looking at may be the way to go. Best of luck in your search.

Looking to buy a 06 GS 300. How does the RWD perform in snow vs. AWD? I guess if it's a blizzard out. I shouldn't be outside in the first place.

Well, here's how I see it. If theres a foot of snow I don't see how you'll be getting around in any type of Lexus. If you live in the suburbs where the snow plows don't come around often then go with the AWD, it is far more superior in the snow. But also you should think about RWD with snow tires because how often does it snow hard enough that you cant drive. I guess I'd get the RWD and play around with it over the AWD, but it's too late. I do live in New England though :lol: