2004 Rx330

slicky

As you are looking at the engine, look behind the battery for a rectangle black box. The filter is inside. If memory serves, there are two 10mm bolts that hold the cover on.

I have had trouble with after-market filters not fitting well, but with the OEM filter I have never had an issue. YMMV.

As you are looking at the engine, look behind the battery for a rectangle black box. The filter is inside. If memory serves, there are two 10mm bolts that hold the cover on.

I have had trouble with after-market filters not fitting well, but with the OEM filter I have never had an issue. YMMV.

Thanks! I did buy genuine toyoto filter and hopefully it should fit..

• 1 month later...

Please help, I couldn't remove those 2 bolts out of the box, they kept turning. What should I do to get them out ? Thanks

Please help, I couldn't remove those 2 bolts out of the box, they kept turning. What should I do to get them out ? Thanks

I replaced my air filter a few months ago and I seem to recall that these bolts are captive bolts in that they don't completely come out. Once they are loose, they will just spin. Am I wrong here boys and girls? I have four cars and tend to forget which feature is on which car.

Have you tried loosening the bolts and then just lifting up the air cleaner box lid?

Gary

I replaced my air filter a few months ago and I seem to recall that these bolts are captive bolts in that they don't completely come out. Once they are loose, they will just spin. Am I wrong here boys and girls? I have four cars and tend to forget which feature is on which car.

Have you tried loosening the bolts and then just lifting up the air cleaner box lid?

Gary

Thanks Gary, you are right, they don't completely come out.