Air Suspension Conversion 94 Ls400

wandawoods

it looks like the left rear air strut on my 94 LS400 is needed to be replaced. it leaks air and drops when engine is cut-off.

I heard that it can be replaced with standard non-air suspension.

can anyone recommend a good shop in Atlanta area to do the job?

I wish to convert all 4 and sell the 3 good one on ebay....

I came across the web page of 'strutmaster' specialized in air suspension replacement kit (hydraulic struts, $795 for set of 4)

http://strutmasters.com/lexus.html

they offer life-time warranty and full instruction

has anyone had experience with their products? or can anyone recommend a good set of conventional suspension can be the replacement of air struts?

thanks,

post-4-1062373712.ibf

• 2 weeks later...
I came across the web page of 'strutmaster' specialized in air suspension replacement kit (hydraulic struts, $795 for set of 4)

http://strutmasters.com/lexus.html

they offer life-time warranty and full instruction

has anyone had experience with their products? or can anyone recommend a good set of conventional suspension can be the replacement of air struts?

thanks,

FYI, I went ahead and got a pair of hydraulic struts ($399 shipped) from strutmasters.com to replace the two rear air struts which are dealer-only items for $622 each, not including labor yet!

I paid my mechanic 3-hours labor to put them on. it was a straight replacement, nothing really stricky to do the converesion. but he did spend lots of time to carefully remove the back seats in order to access the top mounts behind seats.

the ride is excellent and smooth! at least I can't really tell the difference between hydraulic type and the air-bag type when they were working. of course, the high-normal sport-normal buttons are now useless since new struts can't be adjusted electronically and they are mounted at fixed height. it suites me just fine since I don't really care about 'high' and 'sport' mode anyway. we also took out the control unit & the round mounting housing on the top of air struts.

at some point, I will change out the front pair too!