Dvd-bypass Modification: Please Confirm The Points In This Summary Are

I have a 2007 GS450h and am about to embark on doing the DVD-override modification. To those knowledgeable about such things, please confirm that the following points are all accurate:

:) The "DVD-bypass" modification (which involves opening the dash and cutting/splicing wires) will allow the following which are currently disabled while the car is in motion:

- watching DVD movies while in motion

- dialing of phone numbers from the touch screen

- viewing (and selecting) of playlists on mp3 DVDs or iPod (with the vaistech adapter, which I have installed)

- viewing detailed mp3/ipod track information (artist, song, genre, etc). (I actually want this MUCH more than the movie or phone capabilities)

:) The DVD-bypass does not allow for navigation destination entry while in motion. For this you need to create a 6.1/5.1 "hybrid" disc (which I have done and works great)

:) In terms of the actual process, once I remove the Navigation unit (as described in detail elsewhere):

- there will be three white harness plugs attached to the back of the touch screen monitor

On the LEFT-most plug (closest to the DRIVER):

==> cut PURPLE wire

==> the end still attached to the monitor side is left disconnected and "capped off"

==> cut YELLOW wire

==> the end coming from the "car" is left disconnected and "capped off"

==> the end still attached to the monitor side is attached to ground (by adding a ring terminal with an extra length of wire)

On the CENTER plug:

==> cut the WHITE-with-SILVER-dots wire

==> the end still attached to the monitor is left disconnected and "capped off"

THEN, the car side of the PURPLE wire is <=spliced=> to the car side of the WHITE-with-SILVER-dots wire.

:) Posts that describe putting a physical switch in pertain to inputting Navigation destinations while in motion and are separate from the above procedure.

I have printed out over 100 pages of forum posts on this topic, so I have done my best to research this. Just wanted a few things confirmed before I start snipping wires in my $60K+ automobile. Thanks!

Choose a wire with enough slack that it can be spliced/soldered, should you make a mistake.

Tom

Did you mean to say "Cut a wire with enough slack that it can be spliced/soldered, should you make a mistake."?

I don't think one has the option to choose among wires to cut.