Sc400 1992, Won't Start Sometimes, Bad Battery?

OK, this is a weird one, weird because Sofi talked to a mechanic that told her that it might be a weak battery problem.

The car (1992 SC400) sometimes does not stay stared, like a fuel pump won't kick in, or no spark to the plugs. It fires up, but dies. Later it will start and run fine.

I have not dug into her, as I thought I would check with you'all first.

any ideas?

bad battery????

thanks

OK, this is a weird one, weird because Sofi talked to a mechanic that told her that it might be a weak battery problem.

The car (1992 SC400) sometimes does not stay stared, like a fuel pump won't kick in, or no spark to the plugs. It fires up, but dies. Later it will start and run fine.

I have not dug into her, as I thought I would check with you'all first.

any ideas?

bad battery????

thanks

Is your power steering pump leaking onto the alternator ?

• 2 months later...

u should go to like a schucks or something like that..they can test ur starter, alternator, battery, etc for free. then u can pinpoint what it is thats wrong. it could be possible that its just the battery, or some loose connections. do u hear the fuel pump going when u try to turn it on?

• 4 weeks later...

OK I have a 96 SC300, I've had someone here tell me the same thing that it could be be power steering pump leaking on the alternator.

I have a brand new battery, one day on the way home from work the car began to lose power and then still running but would not go forward. Towed it home and it sat for over a month. When I found a place to have it fixed, the alternator was bad, but also replaced the rack and pinion said they were really bad. My point is with a new alternator the car starts up now I don't drive it everyday because I drive my new RX350. I haven't had any drips that were suppose to be from the power steering pump since then.

The service repair guy said that the fuse's were all messed up and that could have been the problem too.

I need to sell my car but some days don't have the heart to do so. It's a beautiful black on black with 133K miles. Well taken care of never been to an auto car wash. I wax and wash it myself.