A Little Help With This...

Alright, so I've come to the decision that I'm not going to have my ES repaired (serious transmission troubles), and I'm going to get a new[er] car.

I've narrowed down the choices to: a 2001 Jaguar S-Type

-2001 GS 300

-any 2001 Mercedes C-Class

-2000-2004 BMW 3 Series

-any year IS 300, up to 2005

Any experience or knowledge about any of these cars would prove to be very heplful!

Alright, so I've come to the decision that I'm not going to have my ES repaired (serious transmission troubles), and I'm going to get a new[er] car.

I've narrowed down the coices to: a 2001 Jaguar S-Type

-2001 GS 300

-any 2001 Mercedes C-Class

-2000-2004 BMW 3 Series

-any year IS 300, up to 2005

Any experience or knowledge about any of these cars would prove to be very heplful!

Be careful with the early model E46's. They were known for having the rear subframe tear on them. Go over to bimmerforumsDOTcom and do a little research. They have pictures of what to look for and a few threads on what it cost people to repair them. Apparently there was an issue with the construction of the rear subframe and BMW in every other country will fix it for free. Unfortunately not very many people have had any luck with getting BMW America to fix it.......That's not to say that they haven't fixed some of the cases here though.

IIRC BMW did fix the issue after ~ 2002.