Nav Only Versus Nav Plus Dvd

BlueLexus

Hello Folks,

I have a 2004 GX 470 with the Mark Levinson sound sytem and navigation. I have the rear seat audio system but not the RSES. The nav unit under the passenger seat has "GPS Voice Navigation" on the front but does not have "DVD" anywhere. The DVD nav disc is version 3.1 (I am considering updating from Sewell this November when the '07 disc comes out).

Is there a modification that can be done to this unit to get it to play DVD movies on the front screen in park? There is a new DVD player for a GX 470 for sale on EBay (Item #110130069642 if anyone is interested). It is the unit that goes in the console between the seats. I am pretty sure it is the one that goes with the RSES. I emailed the seller to see if I could substitute this one for mine but he said the connectors are completely different.

I enjoy reading this forum and have learned a lot of helpful tips already.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Timstandard.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello Folks,

I have a 2004 GX 470 with the Mark Levinson sound sytem and navigation. I have the rear seat audio system but not the RSES. The nav unit under the passenger seat has "GPS Voice Navigation" on the front but does not have "DVD" anywhere. The DVD nav disc is version 3.1 (I am considering updating from Sewell this November when the '07 disc comes out).

Is there a modification that can be done to this unit to get it to play DVD movies on the front screen in park? There is a new DVD player for a GX 470 for sale on EBay (Item #110130069642 if anyone is interested). It is the unit that goes in the console between the seats. I am pretty sure it is the one that goes with the RSES. I emailed the seller to see if I could substitute this one for mine but he said the connectors are completely different.

I enjoy reading this forum and have learned a lot of helpful tips already.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Timstandard.jpg

I think you have answered your own question. The DVD player is located between the front seats. The CD player is near the glove box.