Programming A 2004 Rx330 Key?

rx-fanatic

Just bought a new key for my 2004 RX330 and I was wondering what sequence/criteria is required to program the key (transponder/remote)? Not sure if this can be done without dealership assistance, but I know you can do this yourself on many other cars...

I found these instructions on another forum, but I think it is for a RX300 instead of the RX330. Can anyone confirm if this is how to do it for the RX330 or know the proper way?

1) Open car w/ the remote

2) Get in and close the door

3) press accel / brake simultaneously, hold for 1/2 sec or so, then release

4) Put the master key that works in the ignition, leave it in the lock position, sec light goes out

5) steering wheel moves by itself, wait for this to finifh (though I did it with and without wait and it made no diff).

6) press accel 5 times in a few seconds (less than 5 definately)

7) Press the brake 6x.

8) pull out key, steering wheel begins to move, wait (or not, doesnt seem to matter) for the steering wheel to stop moving.

9) Put in the new key, security light flashing

10) press the accel

11) wait forever while security light flashes (definately at least 3 minutes)

12) If irritated enough goto 12 else goto 11

13) Get annoyed, get beer from ice box, goto #1.

Thanks in advance... :P

Just bought a new key for my 2004 RX330 and I was wondering what sequence/criteria is required to program the key (transponder/remote)? Not sure if this can be done without dealership assistance, but I know you can do this yourself on many other cars...

I found these instructions on another forum, but I think it is for a RX300 instead of the RX330. Can anyone confirm if this is how to do it for the RX330 or know the proper way?

1) Open car w/ the remote

2) Get in and close the door

3) press accel / brake simultaneously, hold for 1/2 sec or so, then release

4) Put the master key that works in the ignition, leave it in the lock position, sec light goes out

5) steering wheel moves by itself, wait for this to finifh (though I did it with and without wait and it made no diff).

6) press accel 5 times in a few seconds (less than 5 definately)

7) Press the brake 6x.

8) pull out key, steering wheel begins to move, wait (or not, doesnt seem to matter) for the steering wheel to stop moving.

9) Put in the new key, security light flashing

10) press the accel

11) wait forever while security light flashes (definately at least 3 minutes)

12) If irritated enough goto 12 else goto 11

13) Get annoyed, get beer from ice box, goto #1.

Thanks in advance... :P

Did you try it? Please post if you have any success.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

rx-fanatic did you get this working, by any chance ? I`m in the same position trying to program a key I just bought. Thanks in advance

Nope, I couldn't get it to work... I had the dealership program it for me, but they DID NOT charge me for it... :)