My new LS460L's MPG is only 12 in local, is that normal? The manufacture document shows 18/27 MPG (city/highway) for 460L.

The touch screen buttons were greyout for 10 seconds to 1 minute when I used it to enter the phone numbers or the address, does any body here has the same problem? and way?

My new LS460L's MPG is only 12 in local, is that normal? The manufacture document shows 18/27 MPG (city/highway) for 460L.

The touch screen buttons were greyout for 10 seconds to 1 minute when I used it to enter the phone numbers or the address, does any body here has the same problem? and way?

The low mileage can be expected when the car is new. In my experience I saw a considerable improvement after maybe 1500-2000 miles or so. Started out in the low teens for city driving and now is 18-19 for same driving. I am very pleased with the mileage for such a large car (also have 460L) and engine.

When the car is in motion many features of the Nav screen including phone are greyed out by design so its not likely a defect. Many Lexus owners are dissatisfied with this Toyota/Lexus approach, including me. They want you to stop to input information or use voice commands. Ugh!!

Is this with the trip computer or have you calculated it yourself?

In both cases, the early mileage and that after breakin period, it is the info from the onboard computer.

I've been getting over 21 mpg since I picked up my car nearly 3 weeks ago and that's with a good mix of highway and city driving. I am very pleased so far and would expect mid 20s or better on a long freeway drive.

We did a shopping trip from Ft. Collins to Denver this weekend in our 3 week old LS460. Mostly freeway there and back but lots of stop and go in Denver. Overall MPG from the trip computer was 29.3! We haven't done a road trip yet. We're getting around 21 MPG around town driving to work and back.

[silver] Bullitt