Lexus Is Or Bmw For Handling?

Hi, I'm new on the lexus forum I just bought a 2007ES350 in Feb and I love it. I also have a 1998 BMW 528i I love beemers but they have too many electrical problems. I want to know from Lexus IS owners if the IS handling is as good as BMW. The ES350 that I have is more of a family car the 528i handling is better on curves and high speed. I wonder about the more sporty Lexus IS.

Hi, I'm new on the lexus forum I just bought a 2007ES350 in Feb and I love it. I also have a 1998 BMW 528i I love beemers but they have too many electrical problems. I want to know from Lexus IS owners if the IS handling is as good as BMW. The ES350 that I have is more of a family car the 528i handling is better on curves and high speed. I wonder about the more sporty Lexus IS.

I just test drove an IS350 over the weekend and can compare it to my 740i Sport and my co-worker's 335iA E90.

In short, no the IS is not as good in terms of pure 'handling' as the BMWs I drove. The steering is a bit light and the steering feel is somewhat artificial. Tires have plenty of grip, but in the BMW you can tell where the limits are and in the IS you have to rely on the stability control (which is really advanced, by the way).

BMWs seem a bit more balanced and fun-to-drive oriented. Lexus however would be my preference still. My 7-series is getting old and it is also getting 15mpg. 335i is hideous outside and plain cheap and unsatisfying inside. IS350 offers superb dynamics and the designers did a superb job on the exterior and the interior is top-notch. Features and amenities are aplenty. Everything (except for the interior door handles) has expensive touch to it. Even the standard sound system is head-and-shoulders better than my 'premium' sound in the 740i, not to mention 3-series' sub-par sound.

So, yes while in regards to pure road-hugging-wheel-gripping-tire-squeeling fun Lexus IS lags behind the BMWs, it makes up a lot of ground elsewhere.

No, BMWs have a neutrality to them that nobody has been able to replicate. The Lexus however is MUCH more reliable, and cheaper. Try the Infiniti G35 too.