Ls600hl Launch Edition

I've heard rumors that the LS600hL Neiman Marcus Edition hasn't sold as well as initially recorded- 200 or so cancelled their orders, probably because they thought the car would have "real" hybrid mileage. Not even Lexus can get a 5,000lb, 440hp sedan to get over 25mpg!

Going along with that, is something I heard on Edmunds.com's Carspace. Apparently, someone on that site walked into a Lexus dealer and spoke with a salesman about the LS hybrid... and Lexus is selling those last 200 at the $104,000 base price, not the $130K price that was planned for the Launch Edition.

Can anyone verify this?

Wow at a price like that I'll buy myself two. I am sorry that I don't have a real answer to your question but I couldn't resist the Joke. On a more serious note isn't 25 MPG considered to be pretty good on a car that big and heavy. I wouldn't be interested in one but I think that 25 MPG is pretty impressive for a car that heavy.

its not the mileage that counts. its the emissions, which makes it a SULEV car. Now as for hte price, i highly doubt it, because they dont really need help selling those hybrids. The first year allotment for the US is already sold out. there are a lot of rich people in this country who are willing to pay the 125,000

it doesnt get 25 mpg, that was his point. It gets about 21 combined, if even. which if you think about it, is still much better than the V12s that are offered. they get like 14-15 at best