Finished My Dash Kit Today

Finally got it all in, I used a bracket a buddy of mine had and made the face plate out of mdf. Then I veneered it with burled walnut. I think it turned out pretty well, just not sure how I feel about the woodgrain between the two plastic pieces.

100_0056%20(600%20x%20450).jpg

Finally got it all in, I used a bracket a buddy of mine had and made the face plate out of mdf. Then I veneered it with burled walnut. I think it turned out pretty well, just not sure how I feel about the woodgrain between the two plastic pieces.

I think the woodgrain looks fine :cheers: Not to bust your chops, But the new deck looks out of place like a deer in the headlights. It's your choice so I respect it, But ???? Hmmmmm !!!!!!!!!

I think the woodgrain looks fine :cheers: Not to bust your chops, But the new deck looks out of place like a deer in the headlights. It's your choice so I respect it, But ???? Hmmmmm !!!!!!!!!

Cd player is left over from my last car, I'll be replacing it with a double din soon

Cd player is left over from my last car, I'll be replacing it with a double din soon

Post some pic's when you finish it. Thx. :cheers:

Post some pic's when you finish it. Thx. :cheers:

The project is kind of on hold until I get a new alternator in there, right now it can barely handle the amps for my components, much less the sub when I get that in :wacko: After the alternator and sub, i'll probably go for the double din :cheers:

The project is kind of on hold until I get a new alternator in there, right now it can barely handle the amps for my components, much less the sub when I get that in :wacko: After the alternator and sub, i'll probably go for the double din :cheers:

Sounds like someone's ready for the Highlander alternator upgrade/mod.

Sounds like someone's ready for the Highlander alternator upgrade/mod.

I think I'm gonna go for the sienna 150 amp alternator, it apparently bolts right on. I'm hoping all I will have to do is splice wire harnesses. I think the 1500 rms that's going into the car is kinda pushing 130 amps. Highoutputalternator.com quoted me 640 dollars for a 180 amp alternator :censored: