New Trailor Hitch Bike Rack

I recently received my Allen bike rack (4-bike setup) and am very pleased to report that it is very well engineered and priced. I paid $100 for it via Amazon.com and even though I had to wait a month or so, this rack is well worth the wait. Some nice features:

1. Folds down for rear door access

2. Really nice individual straps that really secure each bike.

3. A "no-play" locking pin that secures the square tube that slides into the hitch

4. Fold down upper support for a shorter profile when bikes are removed.

We loaded all four bikes for a ride at the lake, last weekend and my wife commented on how rattle-free the bikes and rack were. I highly recommend this rack.

Dave

I recently received my Allen bike rack (4-bike setup) and am very pleased to report that it is very well engineered and priced. I paid $100 for it via Amazon.com and even though I had to wait a month or so, this rack is well worth the wait. Some nice features:

3. A "no-play" locking pin that secures the square tube that slides into the hitch

We loaded all four bikes for a ride at the lake, last weekend and my wife commented on how rattle-free the bikes and rack were. I highly recommend this rack.

Dave

Pic's please :)

I am looking for one as well...

Cheers,

MadloR

I found this in a quick search...

http://www.rackwarehouse.com/a540rr.html

My rack is a Thule which I highly recommend and I go the "zero slack" locking pin which clamps the ball mount to one side of the receiver and prevents theft.

Also since the rear lift gate rises almost vertically, you may be able to get buy with a fixed geometry rack if you mount it extends far enough aft. But I would still make it a habit to turn off the motorized lift gate feature when ever you install the bike rack. The enable/disable swith is in the glovebox.

Dave

I am looking for one as well...

Cheers,

MadloR

See

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Deluxe-4-Bike-...0305&sr=8-1

This rack is definitely well-worth the money!

• 2 months later...