A/c Or Electrical? Help

NikolinaJ

I need some advice.. I own '92 LS400 and I LOVE IT but I'm having some issues with AC. At the end of last summer my AC stopped and I recharged it but it leaked out in two days and i didn't want to look into it cause it was the end of summer. Well I took it in this year and they couldn't find a leak by doing pressure test so I decided to recharge it and put a die in to see where the leak is. My AC was gone in two days again but I cant see the leak anywhere. Now I also have a problem with a interior light it doesn't come on every time I open drivers side door, and also my headlights used to turn off when I shut off the car and open the door but now that is not happening anymore. I also noticed that my AC button on a dash board flashes all the time and there is cold air when it's on but as soon as it starts flushing it's gone. So before I replace AC compressor like I was advised to I would like to know if maybe I just have a electrical problem. HELP PLEASE :cries:

I need some advice.. I own '92 LS400 and I LOVE IT but I'm having some issues with AC. At the end of last summer my AC stopped and I recharged it but it leaked out in two days and i didn't want to look into it cause it was the end of summer. Well I took it in this year and they couldn't find a leak by doing pressure test so I decided to recharge it and put a die in to see where the leak is. My AC was gone in two days again but I cant see the leak anywhere. Now I also have a problem with a interior light it doesn't come on every time I open drivers side door, and also my headlights used to turn off when I shut off the car and open the door but now that is not happening anymore. I also noticed that my AC button on a dash board flashes all the time and there is cold air when it's on but as soon as it starts flushing it's gone. So before I replace AC compressor like I was advised to I would like to know if maybe I just have a electrical problem. HELP PLEASE :cries:

????

When you walk into your house and need the lights on what do you do?

Fix the driver's door switch...!!

AC Compressor will not operate with low pressure so flashing light could mean no refrigerant or it could mean bad compressor. I would try again to locate the leak and pay particular attention to the compressor and its connections. It's possible the leak could be in the expansion valve or the evaporator core which are inside the cabin behind the passenger side dash. If so, you might see dye in the water dripping from the tube underneath the car on the passenger side. Does the compressor come on when you recharge it? Are you recharging with R-12 or have you converted to R-134a?