Power Steering Pump Tutorial?

It usually won't make noise unless its out of fluid. I wouldn't recommend using it without fluid which takes Automatic Transmission Fluid (Dextron III). Are there any leaks that you can see? Try running engine with the cap off it & turn wheel back & forth all the way a few times & see if you see air bubbles. If not then it may be something else wrong with the pump, how long have you had it?

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/steering/

I've had it a little more than a month. It's leaking slowly. I've known since a few days after I got it. I suppose I should try and find out exactly where it's leaking from shouldn't I? I know it is getting on the alternator, because it has goopy dust on it.

I've had it a little more than a month. It's leaking slowly. I've known since a few days after I got it. I suppose I should try and find out exactly where it's leaking from shouldn't I? I know it is getting on the alternator, because it has goopy dust on it.

It'll ruin the alternator and you'll have to replace both