Manual Swap ?

Excuse my newbie knowledge, but I've been surfing the web gathering info on sc 300s and 400s trying to decide between the 2. A big thing that people like about the 300 is that it is a manual tran, but the 400 has the V8. I lov the V8 but i want a manual because I'm addicted... is it possible to throw the 400s engine into the 300? That way you would have the same car only manual and V8. I'm so torn between the 2 and this would really help me decide.

thx! :D

Excuse my newbie knowledge, but I've been surfing the web gathering info on sc 300s and 400s trying to decide between the 2. A big thing that people like about the 300 is that it is a manual tran, but the 400 has the V8. I lov the V8 but i want a manual because I'm addicted... is it possible to throw the 400s engine into the 300? That way you would have the same car only manual and V8. I'm so torn between the 2 and this would really help me decide.

Most SC300's were auto also. The manuals were very rare......I am not sure if the trans. would swap between the 2 motors. Good question though, hopefully someone would have some insight on this. My take is that they would not be swappable.

Most SC300's were auto also. The manuals were very rare......I am not sure if the trans. would swap between the 2 motors. Good question though, hopefully someone would have some insight on this. My take is that they would not be swappable.

Y not get a sc300 with a 1jzgte or 2jzgte already in it with a 5 speed. That way, you get the power you want and the manual trans. There are a couple being sold on 2jztrader.com right now you may want to check out.

I'd swap in the jdm motor, but it's possible to convert yoru auto to manual, anything is possible. you just need a lot of time and money. In my opinion it's not worth it, just find a manual and swap a motor.

It can be done and it doesn't seem too cosmic for those with the Skillz.

Go to the following link and see one of the local Iowan (SC Drifter) finishing up his swap...

http://www.slidestyle.net/SC300/SC300_swap

• 4 weeks later...