1994 Lexus Es 300 Oil Light

Which oil light....

the red oil light is the red light of death

the yellow oil light, barring it's been screwed up & no longer floats to the oil level, means fill the *BLEEP*ing engine with oil you're almost out lol

My oil light is coming on is this because the oil pump needs to be replaced??

Any other suggestions??

My car is also sluggish when shifting gear I do not know if this has something to do with the oil light.......

You did not say what year ES you have, but there are several things that can cause low oil pressure besides the pump. It also depends on when the light comes on. Is it right away or after a while. Is your car running hot? An OBDII engine throwing a code could cause a trans to behave differently

• 5 months later...

Any other suggestions??

My car is also sluggish when shifting gear I do not know if this has something to do with the oil light.......

Hi, Did you ever resolve this problem ? I have a 93 ES300 with the same symtoms... The "low oil level" warning light comes on after approx 15 mins of highway driving even though the oil level is full.

Any other suggestions??

Hi, Did you ever resolve this problem ? I have a 93 ES300 with the same symtoms... The "low oil level" warning light comes on after approx 15 mins of highway driving even though the oil level is full.

I had the oil light come on while doing 75 on the interstate, ended up getting it towed home and tearing out the oil pump. Oil pump was fine, but in the process of tearing it out, I noticed the pickup tube was clogged up with silicone pieces. So yeah, check the pickup tube first. When i put the pan back on I did a thin layer of silicone but i had a leak, so I had to apply more. So i can see how the silicone makes it into the pan :D