Engine Start Up Ls400 '94

I've been noticing that my engine startup is quite as smooth as it used to. A while back my startup was a bit rough and took an excessive amount of time, changed the oil and I noticed it started up albiet smoother but still took too long. I then changed the battery a few months down the road because startup times got progressively worse and was tested bad, start up times then became near instant again like they should.. Now another issue with startup time is occuring. After I changed the oil and before I changed the battery, I believe it would just fire/move the cylinders at a much slower pace, reh...reh...reh ....reh..reh..reh.reh RUN. Now that the battery has been changed, it starts more like, reh..reh..reh..reh....reh...reh RUN and soon as it started up, the engine not only didn't sound too 'clean' but I heard some water sloshing around and I'm wondering, what is going on?

I have a bad feeling I know what could be going on but I just don't want to admit to the issue just quite yet.. Possibly I have another issue that I don't know about.