1998 Gs300/gs400 Front Door Lock Broken

I've got a 1998 GS300 and GS400. Bought the 400 used.

Both cars have the same problem. The passenger side front door lock doesn't work. When I use the remote fob or the interior door lock switch, the passenger front door lock doesn't lock or unlock. All 3 other doors work.

Anyone else have this problem or is is coincidence that both have identical problem.

I assume it's a lock solenoid. Does anyone know how to test with multimeter or if this is a known problem?

Also, alternatives to buying parts directly from Lexus? Is there a good discount lexus parts place?

Thanks

Bump because i am having the same problem with my driver door locks

Its your door lock acutator. Its a common problem. The price ranges from $200-250. I found one on ebay new for 40 shipped but I got lucky. You have to take the door panel off. Dont forget theres a screw behind the door open lever. Disconnect electircs I think there were 2, one for the door light and one for the window/door lock. It takes about an 1hr. Tools? I think it was just falt n philps screw drivers and a socket wrench. You do have to by a new tool its a * almost like an allen but its a star. I picked it up at autozone for a couple of bucks( just get the full set cant remember the size, sorry)

Good luck

Its your door lock acutator. Its a common problem. The price ranges from $200-250. I found one on ebay new for 40 shipped but I got lucky. You have to take the door panel off. Dont forget theres a screw behind the door open lever. Disconnect electircs I think there were 2, one for the door light and one for the window/door lock. It takes about an 1hr. Tools? I think it was just falt n philps screw drivers and a socket wrench. You do have to by a new tool its a * almost like an allen but its a star. I picked it up at autozone for a couple of bucks( just get the full set cant remember the size, sorry)

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback.

Good luck

Thanks a bunch! I have the same problem with my 99 GS300 too! I will try to find a lock acutator and try that. Again, thanks for your help guys.

Jimmy