Higher Idle After Cleaning Iacv

tta300

After I cleaned out the IACV yesterday. the engine idle was steady but stayed around 900 rmp. This morning the cold engine shoot up to 2000 rmp and stayed for about 5 minutes. What did I do wrong?

After I cleaned out the IACV yesterday. the engine idle was steady but stayed around 900 rmp. This morning the cold engine shoot up to 2000 rmp and stayed for about 5 minutes. What did I do wrong?

Hope you get an answer because I have this problem (high initial rpm) all of the time. So far no one has been able to help me. I have concluded my problem lies with the ECU. However, based on your experience, perhaps my IACV is the problem. I had ruled that put because idle does ramp down to normal as engine warms up and idle control is fine at normal engine operating temp.

Hope you get an answer because I have this problem (high initial rpm) all of the time. So far no one has been able to help me. I have concluded my problem lies with the ECU. However, based on your experience, perhaps my IACV is the problem. I had ruled that put because idle does ramp down to normal as engine warms up and idle control is fine at normal engine operating temp.

Just curious, did you experience a change in the idle form when you got the RX? I only ask because RX's generally start off (cold) with a higher than normal idle RPM. I assume this is to get the oil, trans-fluid etc up to temp faster, but its quite common for many vehicles to do this.

Just curious, did you experience a change in the idle form when you got the RX? I only ask because RX's generally start off (cold) with a higher than normal idle RPM. I assume this is to get the oil, trans-fluid etc up to temp faster, but its quite common for many vehicles to do this.

I've had my rx300 for 110000 miles. Yes, the cold engine idle is as high as 1500rmp and gradually dies down to around 500rpm. I haven't seen any changes in idle form, but I would clean out the IACV first if it was rough. This is the 3rd time with good result.