How Can I Completely Defeat "driver Aids"

Hello,

I am considering purchase of a new IS250. My only reluctance is the presence of electronic "Driver Aids".

I detest Stability Control and Traction Control and am forever skeptical of the "Off" button - they often do not completely defeat the systems. The Porsche Cayman for example, will activate the Stability Control System if ABS is engaged, even when in the "Off" position. Does anyone know (for certain) if the Stability Control and Traction Control systems are COMPLETELY defeated when the button is in the "Off" position? If not, do you know the criteria under which those systems will activate when the button is in the "Off" position (i.e. higher threshold, when ABS is activated, etc.)?

Similarly, I do not ever want the Brake Assist system to function. In all honesty, I have never felt such a system in action, but it's presence concerns me nonetheless. My braking inputs are always deliberate; the last thing I want is interference from a computer designed to assist untrained drivers. Does anyone know (for certain) if it's possible to defeat this system?

Finally, if aftermarket mods would be required to defeat these systems, where can I get them? Would they void my warranty?

Thanks much,

- Concerned Purist

Actually my friend....it is very very easy ;) . You can actually disable the VDIM, TCS, and VSC. Not sure about the EBD. But you will definitely still have ABS.

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2176

Check out this link. I've tried it on my 2007 IS 300 (UAE spec). It has a 3.0 litre engine (3GR-FE).

It took me a couple of tries but it definitely works. Have fun.

Nice! Thanks BartKat. I've contemplated the fuse option - I fear it might also disable the throttle, since it's fly-by-wire. Any idea if that would be true?

I'm sure I could learn to enjoy the car the way it is - it's a wonderful car. But having electronics smothering my penchant for oversteer would be a frustration. I'd rather have the car respond to my inputs and sort the rest out for myself.

kk7771, I think that article was written for me! :) Thank you very much. And as best you can tell it has eliminated Traction Control and Stability Control? I want to be sure I can dirt track it up my driving without impedance!

Thank you!

On the 06 models you had to do the "pedal dance" to disable the trac and stab control. On the 07 models, holding the button down for a few seconds does the same thing.

I can assure you that if you take that route, you can do donuts, and swing the tail out to your heart's content. The only thing is that you have to turn the stuff off every time you start the car.