Window Regulator Or Windor Motor? Maybe Neither?

My es300 driver window is pretty much done. I can at times, roll window down but only a few inches, and wont go up nor down. Then after 5 minutes it'll do more so but id say about an 1/4 inch either up or down whichever way i choose. If i need to roll it back up it'll take an hour or so pending on how far down i had the window..etc etc..im trying to figure out if it is the regulator or motor, where I can purchase and have it repaired or if its easy to do so myself, rather than take it to lexus and have them charge me like crazy. Im residing in south florida and soon enough i will bake in my own car especially with the humidity...any input helps THANKS!!:censored:

My es300 driver window is pretty much done. I can at times, roll window down but only a few inches, and wont go up nor down. Then after 5 minutes it'll do more so but id say about an 1/4 inch either up or down whichever way i choose. If i need to roll it back up it'll take an hour or so pending on how far down i had the window..etc etc..im trying to figure out if it is the regulator or motor, where I can purchase and have it repaired or if its easy to do so myself, rather than take it to lexus and have them charge me like crazy. Im residing in south florida and soon enough i will bake in my own car especially with the humidity...any input helps THANKS!!:censored:

My drivers window was doing the same thing, it was the motor.. I removed the two phillips screws that hold the motor casing together and pried the motor open just enuff to shoot some lube/cleaner into it. I lubed the regulator drive cable/casings as well as any and everthing that moved when the glass moved. once the motor screws were re-tightend I kept running the glass up and down. @ first the motor would start and stall, gradually it started to loosen up and now its going great... Its been a cpl weeks and its still working 100%. I`m going to do the same to the passenger side as its a bit sluggish by comparison.

hope this helps : )

My drivers window was doing the same thing, it was the motor.. I removed the two phillips screws that hold the motor casing together and pried the motor open just enuff to shoot some lube/cleaner into it. I lubed the regulator drive cable/casings as well as any and everthing that moved when the glass moved. once the motor screws were re-tightend I kept running the glass up and down. @ first the motor would start and stall, gradually it started to loosen up and now its going great... Its been a cpl weeks and its still working 100%. I`m going to do the same to the passenger side as its a bit sluggish by comparison.

what kind of cleaner exactly? windex? lol

what kind of cleaner exactly? windex? lol

I used a generic spray lube that is similar to wd 40. in the motor, be careful tho cuz if u pry it to far apart it will be dificult to realign internally. I then used a silicon based lube on the front window guide and cleaned it as best i could.