Missing Second Sun Visor?

Does anyone have a second sun visor on their RX? I find it hard to believe that Lexus didn't put one on the RX. Every other car I own has one. It's an awfully nice thing to have when the sun alternates(twisty road) from the side to the front of the car.

Does anyone have a second sun visor on their RX? I find it hard to believe that Lexus didn't put one on the RX. Every other car I own has one. It's an awfully nice thing to have when the sun alternates(twisty road) from the side to the front of the car.

I feel your pain, my bro ...

After taking note last year, on one of my 1st threads, about my own personal pet peeve ( NO smart-ignition/entry?!? WHAT THE HECK'S UP W/ THAT?!? ), I couldn't help but marvel at how little sympathy I got. Not a soul, to cry on my shoulder. "Sheesh! Lexus, the flag ship of Toyota's luxury line", I thought ... "leaving off some of the simple but wonderful goodies, that they've already developed". (shaking head).

So, rather than jump on the "what's up w/ that" bandwagon, some good amount of folks took time out to 'explain-away' ... why these neglected items would 'naturally' be left off. My thinking though, is GM is/was real good at explaining away why they couldn't do this ... or didn't think the customers really cared about that.

Now look at them. They've dropped down to the #2 automotive sales company, behind Toyota, all the while, thinking they're giving the customers what they want. Come on Lexus, let's pick up the pace! Give us more of what we love!

Well that confirms my suspicion that it wasn't just my Lexus assembly guy who forgot to install the second visor but all of yours. It's hard to believe that my Tundra and Sequoia come with a second visor but not my Lexus. If anything, you'd think it would be the other way around. Pay less, get less. I guess I assumed every car would have one but we all know the definition of assume right?

The old RX 300s had a second visor. Except to save money I have no idea why they eliminated it when they switched to RX 330.

Are you guys aware that the visor can telescope out and extend another 4-6 in?

I don't think that comment was necessary.

I understand what mrc88dal means. I've used 2 on occasion because often you keep turning on a curvy road and it's easier to have one on the side and front at the same time than to keep shoving the visor back and forth when you should be using 2 hands to handle the curves.

Yea, a wisenheimer crack ... eyerolling facial expressions: Funny, if it's said for the sake of humor. But if you ask a dealer, "why can't I get such & such"? and they act like your request is stupid, that's when their business goes to the competitor.

Some cars even have tiny sun visors in the center ... above the rear view mirror. Fortunately, the 400h sunglasses holder works for us as a nice middle sun visor!