has anyone replaced a rear bearing

Lee Mitchell

I've been told by a lexus trained mechanic that I need to replace a rear bearing. Has anybody ever had this done? There is an every so slight vibration, is this what a rear bearing going out is like. I have 136k miles on the car. If anybody has had to replace a rear bearing, I would like to know the milage you did it at. Also, how did you know it needed to be replaced? Where did you get your parts? How much $$$ damage did it hit you for.

• 3 months later...

oh yeah. I replaced that, but through the dealer. It cost me a lot $$2-3k. I can get you the parts once you have a list ready. I would definitely recommend someone experienced/knowledgeable. Definitely a lift. not a drveway job.

• 2 weeks later...

Is not the Rear wheel Bearing that goes bad is the Rear Carrier Busshing that Cracks and is very common. The Bushing dont't come by it self so you have to buy the whole rear wheel knockle. Now there are replacemnet after market busshing for it. Should be more than $200 for it. Unless your rear bearing is bad which was very very rarely the cast.

• 4 months later...

I also have an RX and have a noise coming from the drivers rear, possibly the bearing becuase it's a rotating sound only when turning right. If it was a bushing it would only sound when I hit a bump or go on a curb. I'm still trying to find a cheaper bearing then the dealers $300. I talked with some guys at NAPA Auto Parts and found a private reseller for $54. But somehow that didn't work out. If you guys have any suggestion, let me have them :geek: