Wiper Blade

Al.

Wow...16 people viewed this post an no one can provide an input.....please if any one with a 98 thru 00 models and replaced their wipers at some point can you provide some idea on how to replace the driver side W. B. and not the instert only. Thanks

I think it would help if you would give us some more info. What specifically are you having a problem doing? The driver's side wiper is no more difficult to replace than the passenger one. Out of ease I usually turn the wipers on and then stop them as they reach the upright part of their swipe. Makes them much easier to access.

Thanks for your reply - I did what you said and that's how I changed the passenegr side but how do you seperate the wiper blade from the hand on the driver side...it is connected to 2 arms.

Al.

Apologies if I am not being too clear on this, I am trying to attempt and change the blade it self not the insert, with that being said, how do you separate the blade from the holding arm.....does it snap on and snap off (like the passenger side) or do I have to do something different to get it off....I tried to get it off and it just does not want to come off as if it is all connected together.

Thanks Al.

No digital cam available at the moment as I am working late in the office and I attempting to change them prior to driving in rain later this evening.....any one with the year 98 - 00 and have attempted to do this will know what I am talking about....the assembly is different than the older models.

The blade should snap off the same way the passenger side blade does. There should be a little tab to depress on the underside of the fitment, and it should just slide loose. I've found that it helps to tilt the blade so its perpendicular to the wiper arm when doing this.

You'd think it would be harder because of the LS' bus-like driver side wiper arm, but its not.

OK I am on my way down to the garage to see if I can do it per your discription.....last time I spent so much time fidling around with it the security guard thought I am breaking into the car.

LOL At least you were able to do this in a garage. The first time I changed mine was the day after I purchased it (used), and was driving back to Minnesota from Georgia around Christmas time. The wipers worked just fine for the rain that was in the South, but were worthless as the rain turned to snow. You can imagine how long it took to find that little tab in the parking lot of an autoparts store, with snow and ice covering the wipers. It reallly makes you wonder why they don't make the tab an obvious color (dayglow orange would be helpfull).

Had same issue with my 97 LS....the rain soaked me wet in the parking lot of an AutoZone...finally this Japanese guy (right guy for the circumstaces) who worked at the store came out with an umbrella and took that thing off in 2 sec. He then showed me the little tab which I had seen but ignored for the 15 minutes I stood there fighting with it. Needless to say, I felt like the fool of the century...worse than when I found the first aid box under the drivers seat, but that's a different story for another day.