Blue Tooth Call By Name

I have entered a dozen entries into my 2007 RX400h blue tooth interface. I was pleased to see that the interface prompted me for a voice tag to go with each entry. However, when I try to make a call, the lady inside the car only prompts me to "say a number". I don't want to say a number, I want to say the person's name. How do I do that?

Please don't tell me that it prompted me for voice tags but it has no use for them.

Otherwise, I like the car.

Thanks,

JPF

I have entered a dozen entries into my 2007 RX400h blue tooth interface. I was pleased to see that the interface prompted me for a voice tag to go with each entry. However, when I try to make a call, the lady inside the car only prompts me to "say a number". I don't want to say a number, I want to say the person's name. How do I do that?

I think the number it's asking for is the speed dial number (1-18) on the 1-touch screen, not the phone number.

you will need to make your own association between the speed dial and the person, just like on any other phone that has speed dial.

I usually just use the buttons across the top of the phone keypad for the top 3 people in my phone, unfortuantely the 1-touch pad is not layed out the same as a phone key pad, so I have to map the numbers in my head anyways :chairshot:

We ran into this too. Hit the voice button, say"Dial by Name" then it will prompt you to say a name. Easy enough, but not as intuitive as it would seem.

I think the number it's asking for is the speed dial number (1-18) on the 1-touch screen, not the phone number.

you will need to make your own association between the speed dial and the person, just like on any other phone that has speed dial.

I usually just use the buttons across the top of the phone keypad for the top 3 people in my phone, unfortuantely the 1-touch pad is not layed out the same as a phone key pad, so I have to map the numbers in my head anyways :chairshot: