New Car Discount

I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a LS 460 this summer. I live in Alberta which with only 2 dealerships in the province and only a total of 7 in all Western Canada means dickering on the new car's value is almost an impossibility :cries:

My question though is whether I should expect to receive anything off anyway on the 460 considering its a new model and the flagship car of the line.

Has anyone been able to get a lower price than MSRP on their purchase?

Thanks for the help.

I just bought a SWB in Vancouver with Navi & ML. If you're trading in, you may have some leeway as anything you get above what they offer you for your old car represents a discount off the new one. If you're paying cash on the other hand, they may throw in some goodies, like free oil changes up to $500, lots of Logo items like all-season mats, umbrellas, mugs, jackets, keyfobs, and whatever else they sell over and above. That's about it on a new car. Then again, you could take a chance and wait until the new 2008s arrive, but in the first year, a lot of buyers will be going after the '07s & demos if any.

• 1 month later...

If you are willing to travel to pick up a car, some dealers will discount. I found the exact car I was looking for - a loaded LS 460 (not L). I bought it in February for $4,000 off sticker, and in addition, the dealer included about $500 of other add-ons (primarilly an "invisible bra" on the fron of the car - the protective clear tape). Car is AWESOME, but I had to travel to get the deal.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a LS 460 this summer. I live in Alberta which with only 2 dealerships in the province and only a total of 7 in all Western Canada means dickering on the new car's value is almost an impossibility :cries:

My question though is whether I should expect to receive anything off anyway on the 460 considering its a new model and the flagship car of the line.

Has anyone been able to get a lower price than MSRP on their purchase?

Thanks for the help.

Given there is about $9K mark up between MSRP and dealer invoice, you should be able to time the purchase to an end of month, or end of quarter, and negotiate hard on the last evening. It worked surprisingly well for us on a 460L. Too bad the car rides like it has rocks int he tires. Be sure to test drive the car you will buy with all installed options before buying.

Lexus of Orlando (FL) has been running a TV ad that states $5,000. off any 2007 LS in stock. If you are not picky about color or options, that sounds like a great deal. ALSO...consider this. Look at the rate of exchange between the dollar and the yen. The dollar is quite strong in Japan so the distributors are making a lot on the exchange rate as compared to the Euro, a bonus that is often shared with the dealers. (An MB S550 would be a lot less if the dollar was worth more, It's killing them).

We travel extensively and have been shopping around for an L. On an average, we have been offered $2 to 3 thousand off with very little haggling. The sole exception has been Lexus of Columbus, Ohio who said sticker or at the most, with a loaded car, $1,000. off. Considering the generous dealer markup, I consider that an insult. :pirate: Don't even bother with them. Due to our color choice (Black Sapphire Pearl with Cashmere) and options, (EVERYTHING except executive seating) we are told that we would have to order an '08. We may have to settle for a smaller discount but I will not accept less than $4,000. off and neither should anybody. People are being taken advantage of because of the perceived notion that a car is in limited supply and therefore priced accordingly. Most of the dealers in major cities have a lot of stock and want to move them.